Contract Logistics ManagerPrimary Location: No.1676, Zhongzheng N. Rd. , Luzhu District, Taoyuan City - TW, 33849 Job ID 060945
To manage country contract logistics business, including leading successful customer operations to ensure efficient and economical utilization and storage; managing profitable growth of country contract logistics business; ensuring meeting of revenue and profit plan.
He/She develops operational goals and plans, monitors and communicates operations performance against plan, monitors margins, acts as liaison with customers, sets priorities, and coordinates with other functions to improve efficiency. He/She is responsible for organizing and structuring a team or department, managing operations to meet customer deadlines, developing and executing account plans, cross selling, providing customer service, participating in reviews and revisions of Statements of Work, reporting financial performance, monitoring system performance, coordinating special projects, and resolving problems.
- Directs and controls operational activities for multiple facilities to ensure the efficient and economical utilization of storing and distributing inventory;
- Manages the implementation of inventory control standards and practices to prevent inventory shrinkages and identify inventory discrepancies;
- Develops operational plans to define and communicate new operating processes and compliance standards (e.g. shipments, inventory levels, etc.);
- Monitors implementation of defined processes to identify inefficiencies and cost reduction opportunities and to ensure compliance to performance standards.
- Performs monthly financial reporting to analyze client profitability.
- Reviews monthly financial performance with the District Controller to develop financial plans and forecasts.
- Manages expense margins to meet revenue goals reflected in the financial plan.
- Ensures delivery of timely and accurate invoices to optimize management of customer account receivables.
- Participates in negotiations with preferred local suppliers to purchase distribution materials at a cost-effective rate.
- Identify Country business growth opportunities and set the most effective way to win new business and grow country contract logistics business, including identify the best suitable vendor capability, network and resources.
- Support business development and solutions on new business opportunities
- Manages customer expectations by delegating and prioritizing workloads to ensure customer deadlines and contractual requirements are met.
- Acts as customer liaison to provide customer support on new account implementation, customer service, problem resolution, and quality control.
- Manages staff attendance at customer meetings and quarterly business reviews to provide information and updates on productivity and performance standards.
- Manages the review and revision of statements of work to accommodate changing needs of the customer.
- Leverages knowledge of the customers' business to identify new business development opportunities for UPS Supply Chain Solutions.
- Manages resources and people processes (e.g., Performance Management, Career Development, Training, Staffing, etc.) to ensure the day to day administration of processes and formal procedures.
- Identifies individual and team skill gaps and developmental opportunities (e.g., training, special assignments, conferences, projects, etc.) to facilitate individual and team development.
- Ensures that direct and indirect reports have documented career goals and detailed plans for achieving these goals to develop them personally and professionally.
- Conducts frequent performance evaluations in a consistent, fair, and objective manner to facilitate open communication and encourage continuous performance improvement.
- Holds others accountable to established performance levels to achieve individual and group goals.
- Resolves individual and group performance issues in accordance with UPS’s policies and procedures in a timely manner to motivate and foster teamwork.
- Coaches others and provides on-going feedback and support to improve performance.
- Identifies opportunities to involve others in new and challenging work assignments and/or rotations that advance the skills and capabilities of individuals and the organization.
- Makes salary recommendations to reward employee performance.
- Bachelor Degree in Logistics / Supply Chain Management or relevant discipline
- Over 5 years related operation management experience with MNC accounts
- Proficient customer management skills
- Strong leadership on sizable operation scales
- Strong analytical, problem solving, planning and organizing skills, attention to details
- Adhere to policies and procedures and balance with customers’ needs
- Profit & Loss management experience is preferable
- Good Communication Skills and Interpersonal Skills
- Good written & spoken English
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
See where Future You will workView the Map
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.