Plant Engineering MechanicSeattle Primary Location: 4455 7th Avenue South , TACOMA, WA - United States, 98424 Facility Seattle Job ID 218137
UPS is currently hiring for Plant Engineering Electrical/Belt Maintenance Mechanic positions. This position is responsible for a broad range of maintenance activities that are performed to keep a UPS package handling facility operating efficiently and effectively. The work is sometimes fast-paced and requires routine interaction with other hub employees. Ideal candidate must be available to work 2nd or 3rd shift. This is a 24 x 7 operation. A possibility of weekend work. This position requires hands on electrical experience including control circuits and welding. An assessment will be given to assess electrical, welding and other maintenance skills.
Major work activities for this position include:
- Troubleshooting, adjusting, and replacing AC and DC electrical equipment such as batteries, control stations, fuses, motor starters, relays, switches, timers, servo driven equipment, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), photo electrical devices, transducers, Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs) and encoders.
- Inspecting, troubleshooting, repairing, and/or replacing mechanical components such as motors, reducers, drive chains, sprockets, sheaves, pulleys, rollers, conveyor belts, bearings, and transfer plates.
- Inspecting, troubleshooting, repairing, and/or replacing pneumatic equipment such as diverters, air compressors, lubricators, hoses, and coils.
- Inspecting, troubleshooting, repairing and/or replacing hydraulic equipment such as hoses, fittings, cylinders, and pumps.
- Welding equipment such as hand rails, conveyor supports, package handling equipment, carts, and grading.
- Performing preventive maintenance inspections of plant equipment such as conveyors, bulk carts, and power industrial equipment.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
See where Future You will workView the Map
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.