Customs Brokerage Rep II (Origin) Ops, STTASSouthfield Primary Location: SOUTHFIELD, MI - United States Facility Southfield Job ID 203040 Zip Code 48034
UPS Supply Chain Solutions is currently seeking a Customs Brokerage Rep (CBR) II to impact the business by mastering import/export regulations. The ideal candidate will have the knowledge and skills usually gained through a minimum of two years of general office or customer service experience. This position offers on-the-job training in the areas of import/export regulations and various customer specific compliance projects.
The CBR II organizes various customs documents in order to prepare them for processing. He/She is responsible for the acquisition, review and data entry of customs documents and obtaining the information required to support this process. In addition, the CBR II assists with contacting suppliers and conducting additional follow up as needed to respond within the specified goal to ensure compliance.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Emails and telephones client and vendor contacts
- Researches client systems to review and/or obtain customs documents
- Performs daily maintenance processes, updates and maintains procedures as necessary and provides process improvement feedback
- Provides supervisor with status reports and accounts for work performed
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated business propensity and strong desire to develop
- Displays professionalism and is career-focused
- Consistently demonstrates initiative, positive attitude and commitment to personal, team and company goals
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment under minimal supervision with a high attention to detail
- Proficient analytical, mathematical, verbal/written communication, customer service, and time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access, if necessary)
- International Trade, Logistics or Freight Forwarding experience - Preferred
- Minimum of one year of general office experience - Preferred
- Working towards Bachelor's Degree (or internationally comparable degree) - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.