Warehouse Operative - Sligo Temp ContractPrimary Location: Cartron, Sligo - IE Job ID 058171 Zip Code F91 CK83
A vacancy has arisen within the UPS / Nightline Sligo Package Centre, Part Time contract
Warehouse operatives will be required to work in the warehouse operation in the Sligo Package Centre. They will need to ensure accurate movement of all packages, safely within the warehouse sort environment whilst working to specific deadlines. The warehouse operative role is critical to the success of UPS and has a direct impact on both UPS colleague's working day and most importantly our customers.
Shift pattern will vary, minimum 30 hours per week some additional hours when required to meet operational requirements
• Unload parcels from vehicles maintaining a high activity level whilst using safe working methods.
• Accurately load parcels on vehicles ensuring maximum utilization of space and proper securing of load.
• Ensure that packages are correctly handled and stored to avoid damage.
• Prioritize "guaranteed service" parcels, segregating them as appropriate.
• Assist in the electronic scanning of all parcels using a handheld scanner.
• To identify any 'Cash on Delivery' parcels.
• Comply with Company and Health and Safety regulations to ensure a safe working environment.
• Undertake other miscellaneous duties as directed by the Manager.
The ideal candidate should have the following skills and attributes:
Fluency in English is essential both written and verbal
Strong organizational skills
Ability to lift parcels up to 70 Kgs
Work well within a team environment
Work well under pressure
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.