International Sustainability Manager (based in Region Office)Primary Location: 22 Changi South Avenue 2 Singapore 486064 , Singapore (Region Office), Singapore - SG, 486064 Job ID 065214
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to move your career path forward?
UPS is seeking a passionate, results-driven Manager to join our winning team in order to accelerate our International Sustainability Programme. Focused on Asia but also supporting work elsewhere. You will drive innovation and stakeholder engagement programmes in order to position UPS as the leading provider of sustainable logistics.
UPS's Sustainability team drives the development and execution of the organisation's environmental and social sustainability strategy. We seek a Manager to join the team in support of this work. Reporting to the Vice President of International Sustainability based in London but working closely with the Vice President of Public Affairs for APAC in Singapore and the entire APAC management team. The manager will develop initiatives to position UPS as the leading provider of sustainable logistics solutions in APAC, as well as supporting the sustainability strategy elsewhere in International. This will include developing and implementing innovation and stakeholder engagement programmes by working cross functionally within UPS and also with external partners. This is a full-time position based in our APAC Region Office in Singapore.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage with APAC management team to develop APAC sustainability priorities for 2021 and beyond.
- Work internally and cross-functionally in APAC to develop buy-in to the priorities.
- Develop environmental and social innovation programmes in APAC to execute to the priorities, including working with Automotive and the Advanced Technology Group on new technology last mile solutions.
- Develop stakeholder engagement programmes in APAC to execute to the priorities, including working with customers to develop partnerships and with employees to inspire them in our sustainability journey.
- Provide APAC input into the annual Corporate Sustainability Report.
- Represent the UPS brand by speaking at conferences and engaging in interviews in conjunction with Communications.
- Support and provide cover for sustainability work elsewhere in International as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent discipline is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience performing in a similar capacity.
- Preferably from Transportation and Logistics industry. Open to any industry provided with Business experience.
- A passion for sustainable development, both social and environmental, coupled with an understanding of the role of business in providing solutions.
- Excellent networking and influence skills.
- Very strong written and oral communications skills.
- Highly numerate, comfortable handling data.
- A solid grasp of the science of greenhouse gas and air quality emissions and an aptitude for the engineering and technology solutions required.
- Willingness to travel, typically for one week but for up to 2 weeks, and to work occasional anti-social hours.
- Fluent in English (verbal, written, presentation); Fluent in Mandarin highly preferred.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
See where Future You will workView the Map
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.