Inside Sales/Telesales Supervisor - Business Development (based in Alps Avenue)Primary Location: Singapore, Singapore - SG Job ID 056961 Zip Code 498784
The Inside Sales/Telesales Supervisor manages and develops Inside Sales Representatives to increase sales opportunities, customer relations, volume, and revenue. This position is responsible for meeting both customer shipping needs and business plan results. He/She manages sales performance, resolves service issues, coaches Inside Sales Representatives, acts as a liaison with other UPS functions, directs Inside Sales Lead Representative, and oversees Inside Sales Representatives in establishing pricing and compliance.
Supports Business Plan Goals
- Reviews Total Enterprise Account Management System (TEAMS) data trends (e.g., biggest gaining accounts, declining accounts, etc.) in business segment to advise Inside Sales Representatives on ways to maintain and grow the business.
- Reviews business plan goals to develop strategies for achieving those goals.
- Assists Inside Sales Representatives in meeting business plan goals by coaching them on how to use sales tools (i.e., the funnel) to develop appropriate strategies that maximize account potential.
- Tracks results in TEAMS on an on-going basis and modifies plans to ensure sales goals are achieved.
- Acts as a liaison between Inside Sales and other UPS departments (e.g., Marketing, field sales, etc.) to obtain knowledge and resources for Inside Sales Representatives.
Supervises and Develops Others
- Determines employees’ training needs to produce continuous development plans.
- Provides on-going feedback and support to improve performance.
- Conducts performance evaluations in a consistent, fair, and objective manner to encourage continuous performance improvement.
- Holds others accountable to established performance levels to achieve individual and group goals.
- Resolves individual and group performance issues in accordance with UPS’s policies and procedures in a timely manner to motivate and foster teamwork.
Manages Inside Sales Representatives' Performance
- Listens to representatives’ customer calls to evaluate training needs.
- Instructs Inside Sales Representatives how to get customers to use available service channels to ensure that customer questions and issues are promptly resolved and to minimize the amount of time spent on service-related issues.
- Generates and distributes reports on business plan results and sales statistics (e.g., talk time, calls per hour, etc.) to Inside Sales Representatives so they are able to monitor their own performance.
- Uses performance against business plan results, customer feedback, call monitoring, and performance on other sales statistics (e.g., talk time, calls per hour, etc.) to identify examples of outstanding performance and areas needing improvement.
- Discusses performance with Inside Sales Representatives and provides individual and group recognition for outstanding achievement to reinforce performance excellence.
- Works with Inside Sales Representatives to develop action plans that ensure the achievement of business objectives.
- Initiates disciplinary action when Inside Sales Representatives are not following UPS’s policies and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Identifies and removes barriers hindering Inside Sales Representatives to improve performance.
Manages Inside Sales Lead Representatives' Performance
- Instructs Inside Sales Lead Representative on the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to improve Inside Sales Representatives’ sales skills.
- Seeks information on Inside Sales Lead Representatives' teaching ability and utility to gauge the Lead’s’ effectiveness.
- Provides Inside Sales Lead Representative with feedback on his/her teaching and coaching of representatives to improve Lead’s performance.
- Works with Inside Sales Lead Representative to ensure that representatives are following policies and procedures.
- Initiates appropriate disciplinary actions when representatives underperform to support the business.
Monitors Strategy of Pricing and Contract Compliance
- Reviews Inside Sales Representatives’ customer contracts to ensure favorable pricing strategies that maximize the business opportunity.
- Assists Inside Sales Representatives to ensure they negotiate mutually beneficial contracts and develop appropriate call strategies on complex agreements.
- Holds Inside Sales Representatives accountable for managing non-compliant accounts to ensure customers are upholding their contractual agreements.
Communicates Comparative Shipping Products and Services
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of UPS’s products and services to provide accurate information to Inside Sales Representatives when responding to Inside Sales Representatives’ questions, dissatisfied customer questions, or providing on-the-job training.
- Communicates competitor strategies, capabilities, and pricing patterns to Inside Sales Representatives to teach them how to successfully position UPS’s products and services.
- Examines customer buying trends to identify competitor trends (e.g., changes in competitor strategies, capabilities, pricing patterns, etc.) and to communicate this information to upper management.
Audits Closed Leads
- Accesses the Sales Lead Incentive Management (SLIM) system to research closed leads.
- Reviews reasons given for closing SLIM leads to make sure they adhere to policies and procedures.
- Instructs Inside Sales Leads to have their
representatives reopen and then properly close SLIM leads that were initially
closed improperly to maintain adherence to SLIM guidelines.
Minimum a Degree in any disciplines
Minimum 5 years of people management skills
Experience in logistics industry is preferred
Solid customer service experience and excellent negotiation skills
Demonstrate competency in driving results, collaborating and influencing others
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.