Industrial Engineering SupervisorSingapore, Singapore - SG Job ID 051438 Zip Code 498784
The Industrial Engineering Supervisor supports the Contract Logistics and Freight Forwarding function to ensure it meets and exceeds customer service and quality objectives. He/She assists with the development, assessment, and alignment of service goals with company objectives. This position reports to the Industrial Engineering Manager.
- Study operations sequence, process flow, and labor utilization to determine the most effective way of running the operations (Warehouse Distribution Logistics/Air/Ocean Freight)
- Analyze root causes of service failures and implement solutions for continuous improvement
- Create Master Operating Plans and implement methods/procedures to ensure the smooth flow of operations
- Monitor and review the productivity report and able to work with operations in identifying alternatives to achieve KPI
- Create and update warehouse layout plan that best utilize the labor resources to achieve the most efficient process flows
- Perform cost analysis for Capital Expenditure justification or process improvement initiatives
- Conduct time-study analysis for operations improvements, special projects, system changes or RFQ
- Manage the reporting for warehouse floor utilization for P&L purposes
- Coordinate weekly meeting for capital expenditure appropriation, VOC and liaise with District/Region/Finance for high CAPEX amount approval
- Yearly CAPEX and Expenses Business Planning co-ordination
- Maintain Quality Management System (ISO), perform internal audit and co-ordinate yearly external certification and customer audit
- Warehouse Equipment (MHE) utilization efficiency
- End to End and visibility analysis for freight forwarding – air and ocean shipments.
- Evaluate improvement opportunities for freight forwarding business and implement them with operations.
Degree in Industrial Engineering or related fields
Minimum of 4 - 6 years relevant working experience in Supply Chain Logistics, Freight Forwarding or relevant fields
Minimum 1 year of people management
Possess project management, analytical and communication skills
Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate with internal/external stakeholders
Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and AutoCAD is a requirement
Background in warehousing (layout planning, designing, process improvement) will be an added advantage
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.