Healthcare Marketing ManagerPrimary Location: 31 ALPS Avenue #07-00 Singapore 498784 , Singapore, Singapore - SG, 498784 Other Location: Singapore Job ID 066179
The Healthcare Marketing Manager creates and executes marketing plans and sales campaigns to grow volume, revenue, and profit within targeted segments. He/She collaborates with other groups to ensure the right messages get to the consumer through all communications channels. This position identifies targeted markets, researches buying behaviors, and translates buying behaviors into value propositions for customers. The Marketing Manager supervises others in the department.
- Manages project lifecycles, including project scope, resources, schedule, initiation, start-up/design, building, and deployment to see projects from beginning-to-end.
- Forwards project documents to stakeholders to obtain sign-off, agreement on project cost, and needed resources.
- Develops project plans (i.e., detailed plan, milestones, and work breakdown structures) and assigns tasks to resources to ensure that the project will be completed on time and according to specifications.
- Ensures affected functions or groups are identified and works with them to negotiate process changes, ownership of processes, and to manage project impact.
- Designs and implements communication plans to ensure those affected by projects are informed and updated.
- Follows up with assigned resources formally (e.g., status meetings, etc.) and informally to continuously manage the productivity of the team, project timelines, and deliverables.
- Balances multiple projects and deployment schedules to meet stakeholder goals and expectations.
Develops Market Strategies
- Analyses marketing research information to develop a value proposition that clearly articulates UPS's positioning against the competition.
- Builds and presents marketing tools and information to internal stakeholders to gain approval of marketing plans.
- Provides subject matter expertise to ensure marketing plans are on target, to clarify product positioning issues and make changes to the plans when necessary.
- Conducts meetings with internal groups (e.g., Customer Service Centers, Customer Technology Marketing, etc.) to explain benefits for new offerings and how to position new programs and offerings in the marketplace.
- Develops business case documentation to establish baseline for opportunities and challenges to gaining market share.
- Works with corporate teams to develop comprehensive marketing materials and collateral.
- Implements measurement plans to ensure effective tracking of direct marketing activities and program or product deployment (e.g., enrollment, activations, etc.).
Identifies Customer Needs and Industry Segment Trends
- Maintains regular communication with marketing sources (e.g., sales force, segment managers, pricing region and field marketing managers, Business Information Analysis, Pricing, Customer Service Center, etc.) to gain insight into the needs of customers.
- Reviews industry sources (e.g., periodicals, financial reports, field reviews, etc.) to stay current on trends and issues that impact customers.
- Visits customers, talks to association contacts, and challenges team members, peers, and leaders to expand customer knowledge and stay apprised of current customer needs and issues.
- Conducts market research to understand the needs of customers and to define the scope of new offerings.
- Conducts brainstorming sessions with internal and external groups within areas of UPS’s strategic focus to identify new concepts or enhancements to UPS products and/or programs.
- Conducts primary research to understand customer needs and identify opportunities to enhance the value proposition of UPS.
- Identifies and analyzes segment trends that will significantly impact UPS and/or customers to develop projections of customer needs and potential solutions.
Identifies Target Markets
- Analyzes and synthesizes market research to identify target markets based on size, opportunity, profit, and ability to win business.
- Uses financial analyses of projected growth in targeted segments, products, or program groups to determine future target markets.
- Conducts projected growth analyses of target markets to forecast financial success of initiatives and marketing efforts.
- Develops business case models of targeted markets to support development of new offerings within defined markets.
Analyzes and Reports Performance of Segments or Products
- Reviews annual situation assessment (i.e., SWOT [strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats] analysis) to understand past performance of products and services.
- Researches internal and external customer data to understand factors driving product performance and results.
- Identifies strategic implementation opportunities of key customer issues to develop alternatives in incentive plans, product repositioning and new approaches to the marketplace.
- Analyzes product and revenue performance (e.g., monthly, bi-monthly, quarterly, annually, etc.) to report any variances to plan.
- Presents findings on key issues to stakeholders to gain departmental approvals for new products and services.
- Monitors and reports performance of marketing initiatives to senior management to explain any variance to plan and outline key learnings or issue.
- Supports annual business planning process to ensure planned growth is aligned with market & initiatives.
Conducts Competitive Analysis
- Works with competitive analysis groups to gather information related to targeted markets.
- Analyzes product share position by volume and revenue to determine the competitive position of UPS offerings in the marketplace.
- Analyzes competitors’ messages (e.g., advertising, trade show sponsorships, marketing campaigns, etc.) to understand their market position and make strategic recommendations for UPS offerings.
- Collaborates with customers and sales force to gain insight on competitive advantages and disadvantages to develop business cases for marketing to strategic industry subsegments and customer segments.
Identifies Customers’ Objectives and Business needs
- Work with UPS Sales and segment marketing to identify needs of customers (eg technology capabilities, increasing efficiency, specific services) in HGA accounts to determine long-term goals and strategies to provide value-added solutions to ensure business growth, customer retention and strengthen relationships
- Conducts research to determine the compatibility of UPS offering with customers’ needs and gain an understanding of the business model, market conditions and competitors.
Develops and Maintains Subject Matter Expertise
- Participates in professional associations to further knowledge and gain insights into current industry trends.
- Reviews industry-related publications to enhance knowledge and understanding of the industry and the market.
Manages and Develops Others
- Manages resources and people processes (e.g., Performance Management, Career Development, Training, Staffing, etc.) to ensure the day to day administration of processes and formal procedures.
- Identifies individual and team skill gaps and developmental opportunities (e.g., training, special assignments, conferences, projects, etc.) to facilitate individual and team development.
- Ensures that direct and indirect reports have documented career goals and detailed plans for achieving these goals to develop them personally and professionally.
- Conducts frequent performance evaluations in a consistent, fair, and objective manner to facilitate open communication and encourage continuous performance improvement.
- Holds others accountable to established performance levels to achieve individual and group goals.
- Resolves individual and group performance issues in accordance with UPS’s policies and procedures in a timely manner to motivate and foster teamwork.
- Coaches others and provides on-going feedback and support to improve performance.
- Identifies opportunities to involve others in new and challenging work assignments and/or rotations that advance the skills and capabilities of individuals and the organization.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or healthcare related field
- 5 years of working experience in Supply Chain or healthcare industry, experience in Contract Logistics would be an advantage
- Analytical skills – quantitative and qualitative
- Experience in Digital Marketing
- Experience in a regional role within the APAC region
- Excellent time management skills in a fast-paced environment with the ability to work efficiently while meeting tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally, with clients, and with various levels of UPS management
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to articulate ideas clearly in both oral and written communication
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
See where Future You will workView the Map
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.