Data Scientist (Based in Region Office)Primary Location: 22 Changi South Avenue 2 Singapore 486064 , Singapore (Region Office), Singapore - SG, 486064 Job ID 060103
The Data Scientist develops and implements advanced analytics models and solutions to yield predictive and prescriptive insights from large volumes of structured and unstructured data. He/ She works with a team that is responsible for researching and implementing advanced analytics models utilizing a diverse set of techniques. He/She leverages data and Artificial Intelligence (AI) Machine Learning (ML) techniques and algorithms to predict an outcome based on a learned set of historical events. The Data Scientist has experience applying models to moderate to large scale problems.
- Develops data design based on exploratory data analysis to meet stated business need.
- Defines key data sources from UPS and external sources to deliver models.
- Writes code to collect and manipulate data from multiple data sources.
- Works with team to select and implement model development process from statistics and machine learning to answer business problems.
- Defines model KPI expectations and validation, testing, and re-training of existing models to meet business objectives.
- Develops data features that will serve as inputs to Artificial Intelligence (AI)/Machine Learning techniques to meet stated business requirements.
- Develops predictive and prescriptive models by applying statistical, AI, ML techniques.
- Synthesizes insights and documents findings through clear and concise presentations and reports to inform stakeholders.
- Reviews and creates repeatable solutions through written project documentation, process flowcharts, logs, and commented clean code to produce datasets that can be used in analytics and/or predictive modeling.
- Develops procedures to monitor model and production system performance/integrity.
- Leverages analytics and visualization tools to design and present information to drive fact-based decision making.
Skills and Qualifications
- Possess experience in forecasting models (using techniques such as ARIMA and Machine Learning) or marketing analytics or both.
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Analytics or related discipline. PhD will be preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in similar capacity associated with computer science, data science including advanced analytical techniques, data architecture, machine learning and associated mathematics and statistical capabilities.
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge of statistical sampling, tests, and analyses and chooses the most appropriate method; demonstrates extensive knowledge of multivariate and generalized linear models and time series models; demonstrates an ability to interpret results and draw conclusions from analyses; troubleshoots errors in data, models, and interpretation; creates processes for improving the integrity of existing data.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and able to work well with people of all levels.
- Possess solid project management skills, PMO or similar training or certification.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
See where Future You will workView the Map
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.