Customs Brokerage Assistant Manager (based in Alps Avenue)Primary Location: 31 ALPS Avenue #07-00 Singapore 498784 , Singapore (South District), Singapore - SG, 498784 Job ID 066970
The Brokerage Assistant Manager leads operations at a brokerage site. They executes operations plans, monitors and communicates operation's performance, manage operations to meet customer deadlines, and maintains a close relationship with customers. Assistant Manager manages the brokerage site's financial performance, organizes and prioritizes workloads and maintains standard operating procedures (SOPs) and ensures compliance. This position oversees operators.
Ensures Compliance and Quality Process
- Evaluates quality performance to identify process improvements and increase quality levels.
- Ensures customs regulations and requirements are adhered to during the entry filing process.
- Monitors compliance and liability reports to reduce cargo delays and costs associated with non-compliance of Customs Border Protection regulations.
- Recommends process improvement solutions and develops quality standards to improve quality and work processes.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of process improvements to recognize and reward top performers.
- Provides feedback to external and internal customers to ensure awareness of service quality.
Supervises Account Management Process
- Monitors daily productivity to ensure clients' expectations are met.
- Serves as a liaison between the client, the government, and third party agencies to ensure adherence to regulatory guidelines.
- Communicates key performance indicator results to clients to assist in identifying areas of improvement.
- Conducts customer meetings and business reviews to assist clients in maintaining a leading business edge.
- Maintains clients' profiles and standard operating procedures to ensure the brokerage team has client requirements documented.
- Monitors various reports to proactively resolve all Customs exceptions to ensure timely Customs release.
- Resolves Customs' problems in a timely manner to meet customers' expectations and avoid penalties.
- Monitors Customs' memorandums and notices to be aware of Customs regulation changes and industry news.
- Conducts error root cause analyses to identify corrective action plans.
Monitors Productivity and Reports
- Monitors operations reports to ensure productivity goals are achieved.
- Reviews existing processes to identify inefficiencies and cost reduction opportunities.
- Reviews daily workload and productivity reports to hold Brokerage Supervisors accountable to achieve productivity goals.
- Determines employees’ training needs to produce continuous development plans.
- Provides on-going feedback and support to improve performance.
- Conducts performance evaluations in a consistent, fair, and objective manner to encourage continuous performance improvement.
- Holds others accountable to established performance levels to achieve individual and group goals.
- Resolves individual and group performance issues in accordance with UPS’s policies and procedures in a timely manner to motivate and foster teamwork
- Candidate must possess at least Bachelor's Degree/Post Graduate Diploma/Professional Degree, Master's Degree in Logistic/Transportation, Others or equivalent.
- At least 5 Year(s) of working experience in the related field of Customs Brokering (preferred)
- Minimum 2 Year(s) of successful people management experience is preferred
- Well-updated and keeping abreast to the Customs’ changes and updates.
- Possess leadership qualities and relevant Customs Brokerage Certification (preferred).
- Positive and able to work well in a team with excellent interpersonal skill which includes conducting presentation to the top management.
- Confident, customer-oriented and able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work cross-functionally to achieve results
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
See where Future You will workView the Map
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.