Customs BrokerPrimary Location: Singapore, Singapore - SG Job ID 056512 Zip Code 498784
Declaring Agents & Declarant (DA) act as the critical intermediary between Singapore Customs and the trading community. DA is also responsible for the accuracy, completeness and integrity of the trade declarations, and complying with any conditions that are stipulated in the trade declarations.
DA play an important role during declaration representing the customer and UPS. As a representative of a company, DA need to remain professional and rely on their knowledge of Customs procedures and documentation to expedite processing and clearance of legitimate trade goods by government agencies. This is achieved by allowing the government agencies to engage in efficient and effective risk profiling by providing reliable and accurate trade data.
- Complete Declaration at stipulated rate per day and per hour with full compliance.
- Maintain account assigned for exception declarations.
- Follow up on daily shipment holds and find solutions in a timely manner to process the customs clearance
- Respond to phone and email enquiries on brokerage- related services
- Prepare and provide various reports in a timely manner to meet customers’ timelines
- Possess Customs Documentation certification / TRADENET 4.1 Training with at least 3 years of relevant job experience
- Proficient in using computers and Microsoft Office; Ability to use Access is a plus.
- Possess strong English written and verbal communication skills
- Display ability to multi-task and work effectively under stress.
- Demonstrate an eye for details and ability to prioritize urgent tasks
- Able to work shifts.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.