Contract Logistic Operations Supervisor
The Contract Logistics Operations Supervisor I supervises many of the daily activities for an account, department, or station of a warehouse operation, ensuring inventory accuracy, adherence to quality standards and effective staff management for Post Sales and/or Distribution accounts. He/She manages operational efficiency and ensures work completion in an operational area.
Coordinates Productivity Indicators
- Evaluates operational capacity to set goals for downtime, layout optimization, and throughput.
- Reviews existing operational processes to identify inefficiencies and cost reduction opportunities.
Contributes to Customer Satisfaction
- Manages workload by delegating, prioritizing, and researching to ensure customer deadlines and contract requirements are completed.
- Participates in customer meetings and quarterly business reviews to provide information on productivity and performance.
- Delivers Performance and Systems Reporting
- Monitors validity of distribution operations reports to ensure customer satisfaction and overall efficiency.
- Generates account specific required reports to provide timely and accurate information and meet performance standards.
Supervises and Develops Others
- Determines employees’ training needs to produce continuous development plans.
- Provides on-going feedback and support to improve performance.
- Conducts performance evaluations in a consistent, fair, and objective manner to encourage continuous performance improvement.
- Holds others accountable to established performance levels to achieve individual and group goals
- Resolves individual and group performance issues in accordance with UPS’s policies and procedures in a timely manner to motivate and foster teamwork.
- Possess at least a Diploma or Degree in logistic management, supply chain management or equivalent working experience
- At least 2 – 3 years of management experience in supervising a team; preferably in logistic or manufacturing industry
- Excellent analytical, people, problem solving, troubleshooting, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong decision making, people management and leadership skills.
- Ability to work under a fast pace and pressured environment
- Proficient in Microsoft applications