Business System Analyst (Based in Region House)Primary Location: Singapore (Region Office), Singapore - SG Job ID 058370 Zip Code 486064
The Business Systems Analyst works with some supervision on projects of moderate to high complexity and independently on projects of low to moderate complexity. He/She serves as a liaison between the business community and Information Services (I.S.). This position elicits and analyzes business needs for assigned projects, communicates with stakeholders, and participates in determining if the solution fits within the long-term strategic vision. This position ensures that Business Systems Analysis (BSA) work products conform to quality and content standards.
Applies Business Systems Analysis Processes
- Participates in creating project work plans for assigned tasks to ensure milestones are met.
- Participates in cross-functional tasks to assist with consistency and adherence with standards and best practices.
- Supports subject matter experts in specific business systems analysis areas (e.g., business domains, processes, tools, techniques, etc.) to assist other BSAs while expanding his/her knowledge base.
- Adheres to enterprise process standards and contributes to and recommends process improvements to ensure consistent deliverables.
Elicits and Analyzes Business Needs
- Responsible for the coordination and facilitation of work sessions to gather relevant information and to ensure understanding of the audience's knowledge.
- Analyzes, comprehends, and applies the appropriate level of details, based on the stage of the project life cycle, to ensure mapped solutions satisfy business problems and opportunities.
- Breaks down complex concepts into comprehensible concepts to ensure appropriate level of communication and understanding for the project stakeholders.
- Participates in conflict resolution to gain consensus among project stakeholders and to ensure the achievement of common goals.
- Develops business and functional requirements and corresponding work products to ensure stakeholder understanding and to serve as a basis for subsequent work products in the project life cycle.
- Delivers clear, relevant, and accurate written and verbal communications appropriate for the audience to ensure clarity and understanding.
- Delivers verbal and written communications in a professional manner to ensure a credible, consistent, and clear message.
Validates Solutions for Business Needs
- Participates in discussions regarding solutions for cross-functional and highly complex projects to ensure the approach fits into the long-term business strategy.
- Reviews other BSAs' work products to ensure completeness, accuracy, and adherence to quality and work product standards.
- Attends peer reviews of architecture, design, and quality assurance work products to identify conflicts and confirm consistent implementation of business and functional requirements.
- Informs and assists project members in the understanding of business domains to broaden the knowledge base.
Assists in Identifying, Correcting & Reporting Defects in BSA Work Products
- Participates in testing of BSA work products and processes to identify defects, meet standards, and ensure effectiveness.
- Identifies and provides input to initial analysis to develop and implement appropriate actions.
- Assists in documenting test results to support the efficient resolution of problems and to capture defect data.
- Supports communication of test results with others (e.g., other business analysts, management, development teams, business users, etc.) to provide updates (e.g., estimated project end date, defects, functionality, etc.).
- Enters data in the defect management tool to report variances from expected results.
- Verifies defects are fixed to ensure expected results are met.
- Participates in problem solving to support efficient resolution of issues and to follow-up on outstanding defects.
- Collaborates with project team members to exchange information and to respond to requests in a timely manner.
- Assists in conducting root cause analysis of defects, identifies key and recurring problems, and provides solutions to prevent recurrence.
summarized findings of problems to management to recommend proposed actions.
- Requirements Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain/Logistics/Engineering/Business or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 year of Business Analysis and Business Compliance experience in similar capacity preferably in Logistics / Service industry.
- Demonstrates a general understanding of industry and financial trends impacting UPS and/or customers’ organizations; Entry identifies the organizational structure and functions within a business.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and must be communicate in Mandarin proficiently
- A team player who possesses strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Tech savvy with the ability to position and present UPS solutions to internal and external customers.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.