APAC Solutions & Engineering Manager (Region Office)Primary Location: 22 Changi South Avenue 2 Singapore 486064 , Singapore (Region Office), Singapore - SG, 486064 Job ID 062254
The Solutions Manager develops supply chain solutions (SCS) and defines the scope of projects to meet customer needs and increase profitable revenue. He/She works with Business Development (BD) and Strategic Global Accounts to gather customer business requirements and develop sales strategies for solutions.
Provides Business Development and Implementation Support
- Prepares proposals, reports, and other project documents to ensure they are clear, concise, and appropriate for the intended audience.
- Reviews project submissions, stays informed of the project status, and escalates project issues to ensure project execution meets the customer needs and UPS financial objectives.
- Works with BD in educating the customer to ensure awareness of the strategic implications of logistics decisions and options.
- Adjusts solutions and adapts the cost model to comply with project implementation issues raised by UPS Supply Chain Solutions (SCS) or customer.
- Reviews implementations across geographies to ensure consistent solutions application.
Provides Knowledge Management and Costing Support
- Conducts project debriefs to identify best practices, process improvement recommendations, and repeatable business models.
- Monitors the solutions design and development process, hit rates, and effectiveness of solutions to obtain data for continuous process improvement, increased profitable revenue, and more effective cost control projects.
- Provides warehouse solutions expertise to other groups within SCS to ensure employees are trained and educated on warehouse solutions.
- Collaborates with Strategic Analysis and Market Research groups to coordinate and organize archiving of solutions data and repeatable business solutions.
- Manages the development of data calculations and design criteria to ensure proper input into cost modeling systems.
- Conducts customer site visits to analyze customer workflow processes, space and equipment requirements, labor requirements, and customer order profiles.
- Summarizes merits, costs, and risks associated with each solution to develop recommendations for selection of the best solutions for the customer and SCS.
- Recommends adjustments to model output to ensure the models incorporate the voice of the customer and are consistent with project definition and scope of work.
- Coordinates with other UPS business units on deals involving multiple projects to ensure an effective solution is developed.
- Reviews and manages projects with appropriate levels of management to obtain approval for proposed methods and costs.
- Manages project lifecycles, including project scope, resources, schedule, initiation, start-up/design, building, and deployment to see projects from beginning-to-end.
- Forwards project documents to stakeholders to obtain sign-off, agreement on project costs, and needed resources.
- Develops project plans (i.e., detailed plan, milestones, and work breakdown structures) and assigns tasks to resources to ensure that the project will be completed on time and according to specifications.
- Ensures affected functions or groups are identified and works with them to negotiate process changes, ownership of processes, and to manage project impact.
- Designs and implements communication plans to ensure those affected by projects are informed and updated.
- Follows up with assigned resources formally (e.g., status meetings, etc.) and informally to continuously manage the productivity of the team, project timelines, and deliverables.
- Balances multiple projects and deployment schedules to meet stakeholder goals and expectations.
- Serves as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) to give ideas and recommendations in support of operations.
- Assumes project management responsibilities to facilitate completion of assigned projects.
- May escalate issues to Division Manager to influence operational decision making.
- Works with Real Estate and Plant Engineering to identify sites for future logistic facilities.
- Works with Industrial Engineering Supervisors to review new equipment requests and monitor lease facilities.
- Evaluates facility capacity constraints to make recommendations on new facilities, expansions, and consolidations.
- Assumes project management responsibilities to coordinate resources during site selection process.
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering/Supply Chain Management or any related field of study. Candidate who possess Master’s Degree will have an added advantage.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in business requirement gathering, developing solutions, project management, model simulation tools in the Logistics & Supply Chain industry. Experience in Healthcare industry will be a bonus.
- Requires excellent English communication skills (both oral and written) with the ability to converse effectively and able to work well with people of all levels.
- Exceptional analytical, strategic thinking with problem-solving abilities.
- Energetic self-starter with core business acumen skills, excellent project management skills with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities within tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated leadership ability with at least 3 years of successful people management experience in motivating team members.
- Require demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office Programs (MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, MS Access, MS Project).
- Proficiency in simulation tools such as cost modeling/labor staffing modeling (AutoCad/Time Study) is highly desirable but not essential.
- Candidate must be comfortable to travel estimated 20% of the time as and when required basing on business related purposes.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
See where Future You will workView the Map
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.