APAC Public Affairs DirectorPrimary Location: Singapore (Region Office), Singapore - SG Job ID 054044 Zip Code 486064
The APAC Public Affairs Director will represent the public policy and regulatory interests of UPS in the Asia Pacific Region. The incumbent will collaborate closely with other functional heads to advance UPS’s advocacy, issues management, and thought-leadership agenda. The ideal candidate must have strong public policy analytical skills, strategic communications acumen and experience, and strong ability to navigate the trade, policy, and regulatory landscape in the Asia Pacific. Understanding of risk management techniques and China, Vietnam and/or emerging market government affairs experience are pluses. This role is based in Singapore and reports directly to the Regional Vice President for Public Affairs.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Proactively shape public policy in the Asia Pacific Region, develop strategies for successful advocacy.
- Develop strategies and lead issues and risk management efforts including all regulatory issues impacting the business, network, and operating environment.
- Develop programming and communications strategies to advance UPS’s thought leadership agenda
- Bring ideas from external stakeholders and effectively communicate to business units and functions.
- Collaborate and lead teams across UPS’s business units in North Asia, South-East Asia, and China to support business success.
- Manage a team of public affairs practitioners including supporting their performance, effectiveness, and professional development.
- Possess a minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, International Affairs, Political Science, International Trade, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 8 to 10 years Public Affairs or Government Affairs experience in a corporate or equivalent environment. Previous government experience is preferred.
- Must have hands-on experience in advocacy with deep understanding of public policy trends shaping Asia’s geopolitical, trade, and regulatory environment. In-country experience in China, Vietnam, or emerging markets critical.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English with excellent presentation, writing and public speaking skills.
- Possess conversational skills in Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean, Bahasa or other Asian language.
Experience in leading teams in fast-paced, unpredictable, ambiguous environment.
Maintain integrity and professionalism.
Ability to gather information, analyze, and synthesize for strategic reporting purposes.
Proactive team player with strong interpersonal, planning, organizing and execution skills.
Candidate must be comfortable to travel for business purposes.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.