APAC Project and Facility Assistant Manager (Region Office)Primary Location: 22 Changi South Avenue 2 Singapore 486064 , Singapore (Region Office), Singapore - SG, 486064 Job ID 064652
As part of the engineering function at UPS, the candidate:
- Manages UPS process for appropriation of project funds. Includes production of 2D AutoCAD layout drawings, assembly of estimates, creation of schedules, input into UPS internal appropriation database, and cross functional liaising to collect data and persuade.
- Manages bidding and contracting of projects. Includes defining project scope through production of 2D AutoCAD layout drawings, and use of UPS specifications for use in both bid documents and contracts. Liaises with professional services companies (consultants). Writes contracts and ensures contract signing.
- Supervises on-site construction, LHI and Material Handling system installation. Ensures safe work, adherence to UPS specification and requirements, and completion of contracted scope. Drives effective use of resources, adherence to schedule, adherence to budget and processes payments. Co-ordinates cross-functionally to ensure effective commissioning and deployment of new assets.
- Is responsible for facility and equipment maintenance through the dispatch of vendors. Ensures work is done in safe and proper manner and contracted scope is completed.
- Writes and manages contracts for vendors providing maintenance and repair.
- Contracts and supervises facility housekeeping to ensure a clean, efficient, and safe facility.
- Provides support beyond Singapore to UPS local country teams in Southeast Asia for funds appropriation, projects, maintenance, and repairs.
- Audits and corrects facility deficiencies to UPS safety standards and regulatory requirements to protect UPS employees and contractors
- Audits and maintains environmental compliance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Civil, Electrical, Mechanical or equivalent) required
- 5 years experience required, 10 years preferred in construction, industrial installations or maintenance fields.
- Required: 2D AutoCAD, MS Excel and MS Project
- Ability to travel within Southeast Asia is required 10-25% of time
- Excellent communication skills
- Great leadership, interpersonal skills and team building spirit
- Ability to multi-task. Analytical skills. Problem solving aptitude.
- Experience with a formal Continuous Improvement Process system an asset.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
See where Future You will workView the Map
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.