APAC Procurement Specialist (based in Region Office)Primary Location: 22 Changi South Avenue 2 Singapore 486064 , Singapore (Region Office), Singapore - SG, 486064 Job ID 064771
- Administers Requests for Information (RFI), Request for Quotations (RFQ), Request for Proposals (RFP), financial and performance clauses, metrics, terms, and rebates/penalties to ensure the best bid among various vendors.
- Engages in price negotiation with the vendors.
- Gathers and organizes information for inventory and value, analysis to determine risk.
Conducts Information Security (IS) Procurement & tail spend activities, and conducts economic research and analysis
- Performs purchasing in Oracle or Coupa for Appropriations, or Shop Requisitions for purchases via Corporate Procurement, and to periodically monitor and escalate to ensure deliveries and payment to vendors are duly completed for the purchases.
- Conducts data collection and analysis (i.e., internal spend, value analysis, cost / price, etc.) and supplier qualification and measurement efforts for IS & tail spend items to meet cost saving objectives.
- Utilizes standard bidding process to continuously focus on testing the marketplace for best price.
- Manages the relationships and build rapport with existing as well as new suppliers.
- Coordinates & facilitates meetings / calls on any disputes or outstanding issues between UPS & suppliers.
- Guides users in managing IS & tail spend purchases in system whenever necessary.
- To establish & maintain catalogues in Oracle or Coupa for end users purchasing, to maintain 3rd party vendor’s – Newtron’s catalogues, as well as to coordinate between end users and Newtron or Suppliers whenever problem arises on Newtron system.
Assists in Procurement Policy Enforcement
- Supports and enforces Procurement policies, Supplier Diversity policy, and all other audit and regulated procurement requirements to ensure compliance.
Uses Procurement Technology to Generate Reports and Provide Impact Analysis
- Gathers and organizes data for analysis.
- Establishes new report generation processes; determines standards for report generation, maintenance, and distribution; creates templates for standardized report creation; instructs others in the creation and maintenance of reports.
- Possess a Diploma in Information Technology, Engineering, Business Administration, Finance or any related field of study.
- Minimum 1 year of experience performing in similar capacity with exposure on Logistics and Supply Chain Management Systems and/or distribution and manufacturing process and exposure to Brokerage system will have an added advantage.
- Solid negotiation skills with the ability to communicate effectively in English language (both oral and written) with Mandarin will be helpful to be able to work well with Asian speaking counterparts and stakeholders across all levels and regions. Candidate who is able to converse in Japanese will have an added advantage.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, high sensitivity to figures with problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to gather and analyze financial information such as return on investment, net present value, performs cost/benefit analysis using provided tools and under the direction of others and summarizes standard financial information.
- Ability to deal with significant ambiguity and constantly changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Keen to drive new initiatives, create new processes and able to manage multiple competing priorities within tight deadlines.
- Participate fully as a member of the team that encourages creativity, productivity, professionalism and teamwork within a diverse team.
- Possess good knowledge of technology – tech savvy.
- Require demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office Programs (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint) and Coupa Sourcing Optimization (CSO) tool / Oracle would be ideal.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
See where Future You will workView the Map
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.