APAC IT Manager - Development and Architecture (Region Office)Primary Location: 22 Changi South Avenue 2 Singapore 486064 , Singapore (Region Office), Singapore - SG, 486064 Job ID 061271
The Applications Development Manager leads the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. The incumbent will be involved in full systems life cycle management with experiences that includes:
- Architectural and technical design oversight and reviews
- Technical requirements
- Implementation of systems and applications software
The Applications Development Manager is expected to participate in component and data architecture design, technology planning, and testing for applications development projects to meet business requirements and ensure compliance with UPS standards.
He / She will need to manage project plans and collaborates with other teams in support of UPS development projects.
The incumbent is responsible for resource allocations, and decision-making affecting the success of assigned projects (i.e., results, deadlines, and budget). This position provides consultation, training, and subject matter expertise for applications’ development, maintenance, and support.
He / She will also lead the development and implementation of Information Services (I.S.) strategy, initiatives, and governing policies. This position will have responsibilities in defining the direction for projects and solution architecture.
The incumbent will leverage data, technical, and business knowledge to drive the development of technical frameworks and solutions at portfolio levels.
Architecture Strategy and Initiatives
- Contributes to the development and review of systems capability strategy to meet business requirements.
- Provide guidance and information to support consistency of vision with business objectives.
- Leads complex technical project reviews to assess deliverables.
- Identify alternative solutions, assesses feasibility, and recommends new approaches to ensure optimal performance and to meet business needs.
- Guides Applications Architecture and Systems Design and serves as the lead technical resource to provide strategic oversight and planning of strategic portfolio initiatives to ensure proper architectural aspects.
- Provides guidance as a subject matter expert on application and integration architecture to support the development of complex systems.
- Provides guidance on applications designs and integrations to ensure strategies, roadmaps, policies, standards, and practices are properly applied.
- Manages project life cycles (i.e., project scope, resources, schedule, budget, initiation, start-up, design, building, and deployment) to see projects from beginning to end.
System Analysis and Design
- Collaborates with domain and enterprise architects to participate in and drive designs internally and externally to comply with defined architecture governance processes.
- Delivers solution architecture to meet business needs and to align with enterprise architecture.
- Prepares, reviews, and delivers designs according to standards, methods, and tools to ensure consistency and compliance with enterprise and solution architectures.
- Reviews system designs and contributes to policy to select architecture components.
- Initiates and evaluates impact analyses of major design options to manage and balance project scope, cost, and risk.
- Aligns systems designs to balance functional and non-functional requirements.
- Participates in business requirements and then drives functional requirements to ensure cost-effective technical solutions meet stated business needs.
- Defines technical visualization of proposed applications to obtain customers’ approvals and implementation authorizations.
Manages Design and Development of Applications
- Evaluates programming tools and techniques usage to ensure team adherence to UPS standards.
- Guides analysis, design, coding, and testing to meet project goals.
- Manages creation of application.
- Approves design and build of integration components, interfaces, and documentation to ensure system interoperability.
- Ensures definition and execution of end-to-end testing criteria to facilitate delivery of quality applications.
- Defines technical criteria to select products and components.
- Recommends alternatives to select tools, methods, and approaches.
Manages and Develops Others
- Day to day administration of an IT team and identifies individual and team skill gaps and developmental opportunities to facilitate individual and team development.
- Ensures that direct and indirect reports have documented career goals and detailed plans for achieving these goals to develop them personally and professionally.
- Conducts frequent performance evaluations in a consistent, fair, and objective manner to facilitate open communication and encourage continuous performance improvement.
- Holds others accountable to established performance levels to achieve individual and group goals.
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or any related field of study.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in similar capacity.
- Requires excellent English communication skills (both oral and written) with the ability to converse effectively and able to work well with people of all levels.
- Exceptional analytical, attention to details, organizational, problem-solving abilities and trouble-shooting skills.
- Confident, reliable, driven individual who is intrinsically motivated along with people-oriented personality.
- Demonstrated leadership ability with at least 3 years of successful people management experience.
- Candidate must be comfortable to travel estimated 20% of the time (including nights) as and when required basing on business related purposes.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
See where Future You will workView the Map
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.