APAC Industrial Engineering (Healthcare) Supervisor (based in Alps Avenue)Primary Location: 31 ALPS Avenue #07-00 Singapore 498784 , Singapore, Singapore - SG, 498784 Job ID 064949
The Engineering Supervisor works with engineering departments to develop, implement, and deploy approved operational processes and best practices consistently throughout the company. He/She will train IE resources in the approved processes and standards for work measurement application and will maintain the SCS database which houses such information. This position will assist the IE departments in special re-engineering or new projects, as necessary. The Engineering Supervisor will take a lead role in planning and execution of large project implementations or training initiatives. He/She may also manage other subject matter experts to ensure timelines and project deliverables are met and developing Web Application training material for use by Operation Trainers. This position may also be responsible for coordinating Operation Trainers efforts in field training. This position may supervise others.
Develops Work Measurement to Optimize Operating Plans
- Develops and maintains work measurement for all operations to support all necessary operating plans and reflect current normal conditions.
- Works with Operations to develop a shift plan (i.e., schedule that defines the shifts, area of coverage, specific work, and movements needed within a specified parameter), which supports both operation and customer requirements.
- Uses work measurement to improve processes and job set-ups which reduce the hours required to perform the operation.
- Based on work measurement, work with Operations Managers to develop all components of the Master Operating Plan (MOP), Daily Presort Plan, and Seasonal Plans to improve operational efficiency.
- Analyzes current operating plan to determine opportunities for improving the operations process and workflow (e.g. analyze process flow charts and production schedules, etc.).
- Reviews recommendations (e.g., improved job set ups, operating plans, etc.) with senior IE and Operations managers for approval.
- Develops contingency plans for unexpected situations.
- Conducts routine audits to ensure accuracy of processes.
- Communicates discrepancies to Division and Operations Managers to ensure action plans are in place.
- Develops goals to drive accountability for Balanced Scorecard elements.
- Drives and monitors progress toward scorecard goals and measures to ensure center is on target to meet goals.
Provides Support to Improve Logistics Operations
- Utilizes work measurement, gap analysis, statistical analysis, discussions with management, and operations visits to identify issues and problems impacting the achievement of performance and service goals.
- Participates in Business Review and Planning meetings, and works with the operations management team to implement solutions and conduct follow-up.
- Works with operations management team to implement changes in the operations to reach desired cost reduction and service improvements.
Conducts Training for Operations Management
- Identifies issues that require training or re-training (e.g., Operating Plan execution, process adherence, proper methods, work measurement, use of technology, etc.) to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
- Delivers training to management and staff via classroom (virtual), conference calls, electronic material, or one-to-one to promote learning transfer, ensure training compliance, and improve employees’ operational performance.
- Provides training to management for implementation of new procedures, processes, services, and technology to maintain operational effectiveness.
Conducts Operations Forecasting
- Reviews research and weekly trends (e.g., historical volume, marketing forecasts, recent economic data, etc.) and growth rates calculations to approve volume projections that impact operations and to forecast future asset needs.
- Provides short-range operations staffing forecasts to assist operations managers and Human Resources in developing hiring plans.
- Assumes project management responsibilities and conducts financial analysis when required.
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Industrial), Logistics, Management, Computer Science and Mathematics or any relevant field of discipline.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience performing in a similar capacity is required.
- Solid negotiation skills with the ability to communicate effectively in English language (both oral and written) and able to work well with stakeholders across all levels.
- Ability to work independently with excellent interpersonal skill which includes conducting presentation to the top management.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, high sensitivity to figures with problem-solving abilities.
- Strong business acumen, attention to details and excellent planning and organizing skills.
- Ability to deal with significant ambiguity and constantly changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Require demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office Programs (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint), Project, Visio and AutoCAD.
- Strong tech skills on SQL, PHP, Excel Macros, MS Query and Database maintenance will be a bonus.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
See where Future You will workView the Map
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.