APAC Project and Facility Assistant ManagerSingapore (Region Office), Singapore - SG Job ID 052919 Zip Code 486064
As part of the engineering function at UPS, the candidate:
- Manages and is directly responsible for maintenance of facilities and equipment at UPS facilities within Singapore.
- Manages LHI projects, including defining project scope, resources, schedule, layout, estimates, initiation, start-up/design, building, on-site oversight of work, and deployment to see projects from beginning-to-end. Comprises 10-25% of role
- Provides support beyond Singapore to UPS local country teams in Southeast Asia for maintenance, repairs and LHI projects.
- Supervises the dispatch of vendors to complete necessary repairs and Preventative Maintenance Inspections (PMIs) so that the building systems, and conveyor system runs smoothly and efficiently
- Physically audits facility and conveyor repairs and PMI performance to hold internal staff and contractors accountable for quality work.
- Manages bidding and contracting for vendors providing maintenance, repair and LHI construction services, through preparation of scope and spec documents.
- Prepares department annual budget
- Ensures employee and contractor safety through ensuring facility and equipment condition adheres to UPS safety standards and meets regulatory guidelines
- Audits and maintains environmental compliance
- Identifies improvement opportunities with current processes and systems and recommends and implements solutions
- Supervises, coaches and trains, a staff of 4 providing on-going feedback and support to improve performance of direct reports
- Resolves individual and group performance issues in a timely manner to motivate and foster teamwork
- Supervises facility housekeeping to ensure a clean, efficient, and safe facility
- Possess a minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Civil, Electrical, Mechanical or equivalent)
- Minimum 5 years of related experience preferably in building or industrial equipment maintenance, and/or building LHI.
- 2D AutoCAD, MS Excel and MS Project are required
- Ability to travel within Southeast Asia (5% to 10% of the time)
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to multi-task with strong analytical and problem solving skill
- Knowledge of conveyor systems an asset
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.