APAC Project and Facility Assistant ManagerPrimary Location: Singapore (Region Office), Singapore - SG Job ID 052919 Zip Code 486064
As part of the engineering function at UPS, the candidate:
- Manages and is directly responsible for maintenance of facilities and equipment at UPS facilities within Singapore.
- Manages LHI projects, including defining project scope, resources, schedule, layout, estimates, initiation, start-up/design, building, on-site oversight of work, and deployment to see projects from beginning-to-end. Comprises 10-25% of role
- Provides support beyond Singapore to UPS local country teams in Southeast Asia for maintenance, repairs and LHI projects.
- Supervises the dispatch of vendors to complete necessary repairs and Preventative Maintenance Inspections (PMIs) so that the building systems, and conveyor system runs smoothly and efficiently
- Physically audits facility and conveyor repairs and PMI performance to hold internal staff and contractors accountable for quality work.
- Manages bidding and contracting for vendors providing maintenance, repair and LHI construction services, through preparation of scope and spec documents.
- Prepares department annual budget
- Ensures employee and contractor safety through ensuring facility and equipment condition adheres to UPS safety standards and meets regulatory guidelines
- Audits and maintains environmental compliance
- Identifies improvement opportunities with current processes and systems and recommends and implements solutions
- Supervises, coaches and trains, a staff of 4 providing on-going feedback and support to improve performance of direct reports
- Resolves individual and group performance issues in a timely manner to motivate and foster teamwork
- Supervises facility housekeeping to ensure a clean, efficient, and safe facility
- Possess a minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Civil, Electrical, Mechanical or equivalent)
- Minimum 5 years of related experience preferably in building or industrial equipment maintenance, and/or building LHI.
- 2D AutoCAD, MS Excel and MS Project are required
- Ability to travel within Southeast Asia (5% to 10% of the time)
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to multi-task with strong analytical and problem solving skill
- Knowledge of conveyor systems an asset
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.