APAC Customs Brokerage Compliance Specialist (based in Region Office)
The Customs Brokerage Compliance Specialist supports compliance and regulatory change programs for APAC Freight Forwarding (FF) Brokerage Operations in Asia. He/She supports programs to identify compliance gaps and develop corrective actions, assists in identifying critical skill gaps in Brokerage Operations and work closely with Brokerage Industrial Engineering (IE) supervisor to develop effective learning materials to close these gaps, monitors regulatory changes affecting Brokerage Operations, and supports programs to oversee, communicate and incorporate these changes into Brokerage processes.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Supports Compliance Programs
- Work with Brokerage management, Brokerage Operations sites, and other functions as needed to establish compliance programs and performance metrics.
- Monitor compliance-related metrics to ensure Brokerage Operations processes and procedures are effective, compliant, and address identified deficiencies.
- Collecting / recording operational audit results from Brokerage operations.
- Review root causes identified by Brokerage operations to ensure compliance with customs and other government agency regulations.
Monitors Brokerage Compliance Performance
- Work with Brokerage IE, Brokerage operations and Global Business Service (GBS) to conduct post-audits on declarations to ensure compliance with customs and other government agency regulations.
- Review audit results identified by Brokerage ops to recommend corrective actions to ensure compliance.
- Engage Brokerage IE to develop learning materials to close gaps where applicable.
- Support Brokerage IE to implement post audit program to support Brokerage Solutions and Implementation.
- Support Region Internal Audit to conduct targeted audits of country brokerage operations.
- Support Region Procurement to conduct targeted audits of Outside Service Providers (OSPs) in the countries before qualifying them for contract renewal.
Supports Regulatory Change Management Programs
- Support monthly Regulatory Change Management (RCM) reviews.
- Attend external meetings and review internal and external information to remain current on key regulatory issues.
- Work with Brokerage Operations to review and interpret regulatory changes.
- Review documented processes and procedures to ensure compliance of Brokerage Operations with new regulatory changes.
- Promotes Customs/Other Government Agency (OGA) engagements in the countries.
- College or University equivalent in Supply Chain Management or relevant discipline
- At least 3 years related experience
- Candidates without experience but is able to demonstrate right skill sets and aptitude may be considered
- Preferably from Transportation & Logistics or Airlines industry
- Brokerage experience will be a plus
- Familiar with Trade and Regulations within APAC
- Strong analytical, planning and organizing skills, attention to details
- Good Communication Skills and Interpersonal Skills
- Good written & spoken English & Mandarin to work with Asian speaking counterparts and stakeholders across all levels and region
- Candidate who is comfortable to travel within APAC as and when required basing on business related purposes will have an added advantage