APAC Customs & Trade Compliance Manager (Based in Region Office)Primary Location: 22 Changi South Avenue 2 Singapore 486064 , Singapore (Region Office), Singapore - SG, 486064 Job ID 061304
The APAC Customs and Trade Compliance Manager provides customs and trade compliance support to customers so that they can effectively manage trade compliance for their business. He/She helps customers maintain compliance with trade compliance regulatory requirements. He/She provides customers with training and risk assessment support related to customs and trade compliance. This position is based in the UPS Asia-Pacific regional office, and is a regional role. This is a newly-created position with opportunity for advancement. This position is an individual contributor role, but with the opportunity to build a team.
- Helps customers build programs to identify compliance gaps and to develop corrective actions to help ensure compliance with customs and other government agency regulations.
- Helps customers create compliance-related metrics to ensure cross-border processes and procedures are effective, compliant, and address identified gaps.
- Helps customers monitor compliance-related performance to ensure existing customs and trade compliance programs and processes are effective and up-to-date.
- Researches trade compliance regulatory compliance issues for customers.
- Monitors, reviews, and communicates trade compliance regulatory changes to customers relevant to their business.
- Reviews internal and external information sources to remain current on trade compliance regulatory updates.
- Attends meetings and seminars to identify trade compliance regulatory issues and expand knowledge.
Provides Training and Risk Assessment Support Related to Customs and Trade Compliance
- Works with customers to conduct trade compliance risk assessments.
training workshops on trade compliance matters to customers.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline, preferable in Business, Political Science, Law, or related discipline.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in a customs and trade compliance role covering multiple Asia-Pacific countries
- Prior experience or knowledge in the logistics or transportation operations will be advantageous.
- Solid project management and analytical skills
- Strong consultative approach to problem solving is a must
- Ability to adapt level of detail required for a given audience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and to work well with people of all levels.
- Ambitious and entrepreneurial mindset comfortable dealing with ambiguity and keen to drive new initiatives and create new processes.
- Team player who enjoys working with a diverse team.
- Customs Brokerage license and/or training certification preferred.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
See where Future You will workView the Map
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.