APAC Community Relations Manager (based in Region Office)Primary Location: 22 Changi South Avenue 2 Singapore 486064 , Singapore (Region Office), Singapore - SG, 486064 Job ID 066650
The Asia Pacific Region Community Relations Manager is the primary field representative for The UPS Foundation. He / She helps design, implement, and maintain a strategy to advance and promote the company’s commitment to making Asia’s local communities stronger. The role is responsible for closing gaps in community needs, enhancing business value and supporting the company’s reputation in the community through UPS’s strategic philanthropy, community partnerships, volunteerism, Board engagement, and public relations in the community.
The Community Relations Manager will report directly to the International Coordinator for The UPS Foundation. The Community Relations Manager will report indirectly into the APAC Vice President for Public Affairs.
- Develops UPS’s Community Relations Strategy
- Assess, develop and manage UPS opportunities for community and stakeholder engagement based on The UPS Foundation’s strategic priorities and Asia Region and Country-specific stakeholder expectations and needs.
- Review existing philanthropic partnerships, volunteerism and community involvement.
- Develops and implements signature programs of high-impact involving high-visibility community involvement.
- Sets goals and strategy for philanthropy, charitable giving, volunteerism and community involvement to align with business objectives and Foundation Focus Areas.
- Drive Implementation of Programs
- Monitors grant processes asserting strong coordination between The Foundation and APAC sponsors / grantees.
- Monitors and evaluates programs to ensure grants are utilized for the approved projects.
- Drive UPS participation, thought leadership, and stakeholder engagement in philanthropic projects working with UPS leadership and local Community Involvement Committees (CICs).
- Coordinates, trains, and advises teams of local UPS community volunteers and Country Involvement Committees (CIC) on how to effectively implement community programs.
- Leads and executes UPS’s employee volunteer programs including UPS’s Global Volunteer Month and annual volunteer hour goals.
- Drives accountability among other business unit department-heads to adopt and participate in community involvement programs.
- Creates opportunities for collaboration with other stakeholders in the community to strengthen and optimize outcomes.
- Program Administration and Management
- Build and maintain Community Relations portfolios for pertinent APAC Countries
- Uses quantitative and qualitative research to benchmark UPS community engagement efforts incorporating public opinion, community leader viewpoints and employee expectations.
- Tracks and measures inputs, outputs and impacts of programs to determine quality.
- Internal and External Communications
- Support UPS Foundation and UPS Sustainability reporting, and public communications campaigns.
- Raise internal and external awareness of community involvement work to promote UPS.
- Collaborate with UPS Public Relations and Internal Communications team to drive internal and external recognition.
- Builds internal partnerships and seeks cross-functional opportunities to meet shared business goals, working collaboratively with Public Affairs, Sustainability, Communications, Human Resources, Country Managers, and business unit leaders.
- Engages and motivates employees to participate in community involvement to gain optimal participation.
- Support Region Staff leadership and involvement with stakeholders and non-profit organizations.
- Represents the company and business units with key external organizations, donors, local Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), and relevant government entities to build company reputation.
- Strategic community stakeholder engagement management experience required.
- 5-10 years work experience preferably with a multinational or global international organization.
- Ability to manage budgets.
- Strong writing and reporting skills. Competent communication capabilities including ability to address root cause of gaps, and recommend adjustments to communication strategies.
- Strong project management skills and ability to collaborate and reconcile cross-functional interests, address internal and bureaucratic inertia, and drive projects to conclusion.
- Ability to work independently as well as lead internal teams
- Flexible working hours and ability to work across different time zones.
- Asian Language capabilities a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
See where Future You will workView the Map
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.