APAC Brokerage Engineering Specialist (Region Office)Primary Location: 22 Changi South Avenue 2 Singapore 486064 , Singapore (Region Office), Singapore - SG, 486064 Job ID 063939
The Industrial Engineering (IE) Specialist is responsible for providing support to the numerous groups within the IE function. He/She assists in conducting data gathering and analysis to support the work measurement and operational planning activities of the IE Supervisors. The IE Specialist compiles data, develops reports, conducts periodic audits, and produces forecasts. They also participate in time study and operation improvement activities.
- Reviews research and weekly trends (e.g., historical volume, marketing forecasts, recent economic data, etc.) and growth rates calculations to approve volume projections that impact operations and to forecast future asset needs.
- Develops annual staffing projections by week and by day of week to provide a cost-effective operating plan.
- Develops quarterly and yearly plans to forecast staffing, assets, and facility needs to ensure UPS’s ability to meet service commitments.
- Reviews weekly forecast updates as required to maintain validity of forecast projections (i.e., ensure measures are still relevant and conform to accepted IE principles) and adherence to Business Plan goals.
- Assists supervisor on Holiday Plans, Cutback Plans and Peak Plans review and feasibility.
- Works with IE Supervisors to develop Master Operating Plans.
- Maintains data within operating plans as conditions change to keep operating plan updated and highlight areas for potential change.
- Identifies areas where operating plans may need adjustments to maintain current operating plans.
- Updates operating plans to stay current with new services or changing conditions.
- Reviews operational performance with management to identify areas of improvement.
- Assists with special operating projects to help achieve operational objectives.
- Responds to job method questions to educate employees on job requirements.
- Serves as point of contact for questions regarding user errors to ensure questions are addressed in a timely manner.
- Engages cross-functional teams (e.g., Operations, Brokerage, Finance, etc.) to generate consensus on recommended process improvements.
- Identifies issues that require training or re-training (e.g., Operating Plan execution, process adherence, proper methods, file definition, use of technology, etc.) to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
- Delivers training to management and staff via classroom (virtual), conference calls, electronic material, or one-to-one to promote learning transfer, ensure training compliance, and improve employees’ operational performance.
- Provides training to management for implementation of new procedures, processes, services, and technology to maintain operational effectiveness.
- Coordinates with process writers to create training documents.
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Mathematics, Process Management or any relevant field of discipline.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience performing in a similar capacity coming from Industrial Engineering and Brokerage background. Prior experience and knowledge in dealing with Small Package or Freight Forwarding products and services will be advantageous.
- Requires excellent command of English communication skills (both oral and written) with the ability to converse effectively and able to work well with people of all levels.
- Exceptional analytical, strategic thinking, high sensitivity to figures with problem-solving abilities.
- Energetic self-starter with excellent learning agility, attention to details, positive attitude with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities within tight deadlines.
- Require demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office Programs (MS Excel, MS Powerpoint) and programming tools such as SQL, Power BI and Tableau.
- Candidate must be comfortable to travel estimated 30% of the time as and when required basing on business related purposes.
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
See where Future You will workView the Map
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.