Trailer Mechanic JourneymanWorcester Primary Location: 315 Hartford Pike & Grafton Street , SHREWSBURY, MA - United States, 01545 Facility Worcester Job ID 235824
Candidate will possess personal knowledge and skills to perform preventative maintenance on UPS Transportation Trailers. Will properly diagnose and perform necessary repairs to non-power equipment, including air brake systems and electrical systems. Candidate must be willing to work various rotational shifts. Good attendance is a must.
An attractive pay and benefits package is offered. Uniforms are provided. Candidate must possess all personal tools required to perform the job and will be required to appropriate necessary hand tools as required by job assignment.
- Meet D.O.T requirements as required by job assignment.
- Bend, stoop, squat, kneel, crawl, crouch, climb ladders and stairs, stand, walk, and turn/pivot frequently throughout the duration of the workday.
- Full time: 8-10 hours per day, 4-5 days per 7-day week.
- Report to work on a regular and timely basis and complete the scheduled workday on a consistent basis.
- Ability to work varying shifts, additional hours and/or overtime depending on service needs.
- Sitting required infrequently throughout the duration of the workday.
- Lift, lower, push, pull, leverage and manipulate equipment and/or packages weighing up to 70 pounds.
- Assist in moving packages or equipment up to 150 pounds.
- Simple hand grasping, power hand grasping, fine hand manipulation, reaching from foot level to above shoulder level as necessary to complete assigned tasks.
- Operate standard transmission equipment.
- May need to operate forklift.
- Operate power, pneumatic hand tools.
- Operate cutting and welding equipment.
- Required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Must meet all requirements to be Power Industrial Truck Operations (PITO) certified.
- Work in an environment with: variable temperatures and humidity (climatic conditions); exposure to dust, dirt, fumes and noise; outside inclement weather.
- Work cooperatively in a diverse work environment.
- Have a sufficient ability to communicate, through sight, hearing, and/or otherwise, to perform assigned tasks and maintain proper job safety conditions.
- Work cooperatively in a diverse work environment. Demonstrate cognitive ability to:
- follow directions and routines
- work independently with appropriate judgment
- exhibit spatial awareness
- read, write and comprehend numbers and decimal number systems
- read information and signs
- concentrate, memorize and recall
- identify logical connections and determine sequence of response
- processing up to 2-3 steps ahead
Tools: Assorted tools as necessary.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
See where Future You will workView the Map
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.