Procurement Analyst (APAC Procurement Finance) - Shanghai basedShanghai, Shanghai - CN Job ID 050196 Zip Code 200127
The Procurement Analyst supports cross-functional sourcing teams and is responsible for providing analytical support for process improvement and commodity-related initiatives. He/She conducts data collection, analysis/reporting, supplier qualification and measurement efforts for a specific commodity or commodities. The Procurement Analyst also prepares forecasts and analyzes economic trends. This position also provides user support and maintenance to numerous databases used within Procurement Services. He/She provides vendor performance information as requested by several different departments and for strategic sourcing initiatives. This position may also develop and maintain relationships with UPS users and vendors. He/she handles non-complex support and follow-on acquisitions such as renewals. This position assists in the writing and distribution of Requests for Proposals and Requests for Information. Functions as both a contributing member of a contract administration team and as an observer with the intention of learning the Procurement process at a more detailed level. The position will also assist in the development of business plans and will provide financial reporting to the groups they support.
Conducts Economic Research and Analysis
• Conducts data collection and analysis (i.e., internal spend, market data, bid analysis optimization, value analysis, cost / price, etc.) and supplier qualification and measurement efforts to control costs.
• Supports Commodity Managers in assisting with Requests for Information (RFIs), Request for Proposals (RFPs), financial and performance clauses, metrics, terms, and rebates/penalties to ensure the best bid among various vendors.
Assists in Policy Development and Enforcement
• Assists in the development of economic policies to improve the strategic sourcing process.
Uses Procurement Technology to Generate Reports and Provide Impact Analysis
• Gathers and organizes data for analysis.
Assists in Acquisition Management
• Acts as a point of contact, under supervision, for the business aspects of transactions to ensure they are carried out appropriately.
Assists in Vendor Management
• Coordinates supplier Business Reviews to maintain business relationships with strategic global suppliers.
Supports Departments with Systems and Applications
• Provides training to support new and updated products and systems.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent preferred – Finance or Accounting
• 2 years of Finance or Accounting Experience preferred
|• Strong communication and negotiation skills|
|• Strong analytical skills|
|• Strong Technical Skills, good understanding of Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Access, PowerPoint)|
|• Strong communication skills|
|• English and Mandarin (verbal, reading and writing), other Asian languages preferred|
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.