Operations Supervisor - Vendor Management (based in Shah Alam)Primary Location: Shah Alam, Selangor - MY Job ID 054769 Zip Code 40150
The Outside Service Providers Support Group (OSPSG) Supervisor is responsible for performing training of the OSPs, addressing service escalations, and resolving concerns within the country. He / She coordinates operational business requirements including service failure recovery management, and production goals. This position supervises the daily activities of the operations including meeting service commitments, training and communication, as well as process improvement.
- Assist in service improvement and operational cost containment projects. To control & analysis OCM and Flexi template.
- To maintain the cost effectiveness, productivity and OSP effectiveness with emphasis on providing high levels of delivery and pick-up service to our customers.
- To lead and coordinate OSP projects driven by District and Region.
- Oversee Ipoh Operations
Identification, Selection and Implementation of a New OGP
- Stay current with the local transportation market and players and develop a list of potential OGPs
- Prepare and manage tender processes in order to find suitable OGPs for a defined territory and manage vendor selection process
- Negotiate contract terms and conditions with potential OGPs and oversee and manage on-going contract administration after a contract is signed
- Manage the implementation of a new OGP to include training and communication on new OSP and internal coordination
- Support OGP with advice and consulting efforts
- Continuously evaluate/develop plans with Operations/IE Department on necessary outsourcing and implementation of new service
Performance measurement and Reporting
- Track and report OGP KPI performance
- Manage OGPs on defined service elements on daily /weekly/monthly basis
- Prepare and manage OGP committee meeting as a cross-functional forum for the management team
- Present OGP performance to senior leadership / management
Risk and Legal Compliance
- Monitor and audit the OGP Operations to identify improvement opportunities and compliance issues e.g. false entrepreneurship issues, productivity improvements, vehicle appearance and so on.
- Represent UPS externally in case of legal cases or interaction with authorities
- Reporting court cases and claims
- Control on claims/reporting
- Identify risk areas (false entrepreneurship, OGP at risk, legislation, competition, etc.)
- Initiate risk review on OGP company if needed
- Manage complete process of OGP replacement due to chosen contract termination and OGP bankruptcies. This includes contract termination e.g. financials, vehicle neutralizations and liquidation.
- Conduct OGP Compensation Model Analysis to develop and agree upon rates with OGP; to agree upon penalties on service failures (and follow up to put them in place
- Validate OGP invoice
- Cost monitoring and analysis on OGP expense (contractual and ad hoc expense)
- Analyse developments per OGP in terms of volume and costs. Negotiate with OGP (if necessary) on periodic basis to ensure right costs in relation to projected and actual volume.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Related Discipline or Industrial Engineering preferred
- Minimum 5 years relevant working experience in Transportation industry is preferred
- Candidate with prior people management experience would be preferred
- Proficient in Access, PowerPoint, Excel, and word applications
- Excellent command of written and spoken English in addition to national language
- Excellent organization skills, analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent people communication skills
- Self-initiative with project leadership experience
- Candidate must possess own vehicle and comfortable to travel within Malaysia as and when required due to business requirements (Ipoh and Johor Bahru)
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.