GBS Lead Collections Associate
- Scranton, Pennsylvania
- Job ID: 323066
- Zip Code: 18512
- Street Address: 700 KEYSTONE INDUSTRIAL PARK
- Support operations in over 220 countries
- Scope and stability of a fortune 100 organization
- Promote-from-within culture
- Diverse team of experts
- Opportunities to grow
FIND THE RIGHT FIT
In Finance & Accounting, you can go almost anywhere. Opportunities at UPS include:
Financial Accounting & Reporting
Includes our external reporting experts (SEC and foreign governments), as well as internal management accounting specialties for decision support.
Financial Planning & Analysis
Mine big data for critical decision drivers, evaluate results to identify paths for future improvements to growth and profitability.
F&A systems support
Combining knowledge of Finance & Accounting with technology capabilities to drive continuous improvement through our processes.
Tax Planning & Compliance
Inside an enormous global company, the tax planning opportunities are endless. These translate into meaningful cash savings that drive company value.
The investments team is constantly scanning the horizon to drive returns on our sizable investment portfolio. Our in-house subject matter experts employ a broad variety of investment disciplines.
Global treasury management is an exciting field engaging in real-time marketplaces around the world. Our cash management is critical to enabling our global growth.
Within a vast transportation company, there are fundamental needs to safeguard the company’s assets and ensure UPS maintains its award-winning status as a leading company in business ethics. Simultaneously, our auditors have a unique perspective to identify process improvements that lead to increased shareowner value.
Mergers & Acquisitions
We never rest when it comes to targeting the right acquisitions to profitably grow our transportation network. M&A teams are based around the world to respond to customer needs.
You Have What It Takes To Move The World
As a Finance professional, you’ll join a global team that works on a scale you just can’t find anywhere else. Just consider this, we’ve delivered 3,240 packages since you started reading this section—think we know a thing or two about global opportunity?
- $65 billion in revenues in 2017
- 20 million+ deliveries every day to 10.5 million customers
- 454 thousand global employees
- 2.5 thousand+ operating facilities worldwide
DELIVER A HEALTHIER WORLD
See how UPSers are doing more–including saving lives by safely shipping vaccines over thousands of miles.
KNOW YOUR VALUE
Our professionals have helped us secure our position as the world’s most valuable logistics brand, time and time again. Get behind the numbers, and you’ll go straight to the top with UPS.Learn More Financial Professionals at UPS.
Get More From Your Benefits
Medical, dental, vision, & more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
GBS Lead Collections Associate
- Scranton, Pennsylvania
Are you highly organized, self-motivated, and eager to work in a fast-paced environment? If so, UPS wants to hear from you! We are looking for a qualified Lead Collections Associate to showcase their dynamic skills.
The Lead Collections Associate is responsible for assisting with collections and complex billing efforts commonly focusing on special projects which typically require significant experience and root cause analysis. This position participates in the auditing of other associates’ work and may require the lead to provide follow up training as needed. The Lead is also involved with the preparation of complex reports and analysis using various software packages. Knowledge of multiple products, services, or business units may be required.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Organizes root cause analysis of systematic and procedural abnormalities causing rating and billing errors
- Provides account collection assistance for disputed items
- Makes decisions regarding credit suspensions, account cancellations, and reinstatements
- Develops, implements, assigns, and monitors action plans for customer accounts
- Facilitates formation of cross-functional teams
- Identifies system and procedural opportunities to improve implementation efficiency and increase accuracy of rating
- Communicates extensively with internal departments, customers, and outside agencies to coordinate collection efforts or problem resolution activities
- Coordinates and directs conference calls
- Dispatches work based on Supervisor direction
- Develops and/or completes ad-hoc and standard reporting for immediate group and/or the entire collections department
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with ability to effectively and professionally present information and answer questions
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Problem solving skills requiring advanced research and root cause analysis techniques
- Ability to work in a team environment and consistently exhibit leadership and team building skills
- Ability to work in a highly measured, fast-paced, production environment
- Cross-functional billing and collections knowledge and ability to utilize multiple collection applications
- Prior phone center and/or collections experience – Preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business related field - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law