- Scranton, Pennsylvania
- Facility: Scranton
- Job ID: 242677
- Zip Code: 18512
- Street Address: 700 KEYSTONE INDUSTRIAL PARK
- Support operations in over 220 countries
- Scope and stability of a fortune 100 organization
- Promote-from-within culture
- Diverse team of experts
- Opportunities to grow
FUTURE YOU FINDS THE RIGHT FIT
In Finance & Accounting, Future You can go almost anywhere. Opportunities at UPS include:
Financial Accounting & Reporting
Includes our external reporting experts (SEC and foreign governments), as well as internal management accounting specialties for decision support.
Financial Planning & Analysis
Mine big data for critical decision drivers, evaluate results to identify paths for future improvements to growth and profitability.
F&A systems support
Combining knowledge of Finance & Accounting with technology capabilities to drive continuous improvement through our processes.
Tax Planning & Compliance
Inside an enormous global company, the tax planning opportunities are endless. These translate into meaningful cash savings that drive company value.
The investments team is constantly scanning the horizon to drive returns on our sizable investment portfolio. Our in-house subject matter experts employ a broad variety of investment disciplines.
Global treasury management is an exciting field engaging in real-time marketplaces around the world. Our cash management is critical to enabling our global growth.
Within a vast transportation company, there are fundamental needs to safeguard the company’s assets and ensure UPS maintains its award-winning status as a leading company in business ethics. Simultaneously, our auditors have a unique perspective to identify process improvements that lead to increased shareowner value.
Mergers & Acquisitions
We never rest when it comes to targeting the right acquisitions to profitably grow our transportation network. M&A teams are based around the world to respond to customer needs.
Future You Has What It Takes To Move The World
As a Finance professional, Future You is part of a global team that works on a scale you just can’t find anywhere else. Just consider this, we’ve delivered 3,240 packages since you started reading this section—think we know a thing or two about global opportunity?
- $65 billion in revenues in 2017
- 20 million+ deliveries every day to 10.5 million customers
- 454 thousand global employees
- 2.5 thousand+ operating facilities worldwide
FUTURE YOU DELIVERS A HEALTHIER WORLD
See how UPSers are doing more–including saving lives by safely shipping vaccines over thousands of miles.
FUTURE YOU KNOWS YOUR VALUE
Our professionals have helped us secure our position as the world’s most valuable logistics brand, time and time again. Get behind the numbers, and take Future You straight to the top with UPS.Learn More Financial Professionals at UPS.
Future You gets more
Medical, dental, vision, & more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
- Scranton, Pennsylvania
Are you highly organized, self-motivated, and eager to work in a fast-paced environment? If so, UPS wants to hear from you! We are looking for a qualified Collections Associate to showcase their dynamic skills.
The GBS Collections Associate performs collection responsibilities according to established procedures. He/She impacts the organization by improving cash flow, minimizing delinquency, reducing Days Sales Outstanding, and limiting bad debt exposure. This position requires extensive communication with customers via telephone and/or written correspondence to attempt to bring resolution to unpaid accounts. Limited product, service, or business unit knowledge utilized.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Identifies and resolves basic and routine issues impacting payment
- Overcomes customer objections concerning payments and assists them in understanding their account terms
- Utilizes payment options and negotiates payment arrangements
- Follows prescribed escalation procedures
- Provides thorough, efficient, and accurate updates to customer and other stakeholder information using various software programs including UPS proprietary programs
- Submits recommendations to write-off account balances
- Monitors and maintains assigned queue of customer accounts
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively and professionally present information and respond to questions
- Basic analytical and problem resolution skills
- Desire to work in a position requiring extensive phone and email communication
- Ability to work in a highly measured, fast-paced, production environment
- Prior phone center and/or collections experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business related field - Preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Experience handling objections and gaining commitment
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
See where Future You will workView the Map
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.