UPS SCS Freight ClerkPrimary Location: Santry, Dublin - IE Job ID 055588
UPS first entered Europe in 1976 when it established domestic small package operations in Germany. UPS has since developed a comprehensive European service portfolio, combining local expertise in each market with UPS's international strength and high quality standards. Headquartered in Brussels, UPS in Europe currently employs 40,000 people across the EMEA region and is an Equal Opportunity Employer (m/f/d/v).
- Thanks to its excellent location (max. 2 hours away from Germany, Holland & Barcelona, 45 minutes from the UK and just 3 hours from Rome) you could call Ireland the center of Europe.
- Ireland’s size makes travelling around the country very easy. Rental cars are incredibly cheap and there is an exceptional bus & train service, information on routes can be accessed by a variety of available apps
- Ireland has a reputation for its friendliness & welcoming atmosphere. It has been previously named as the friendliest country in the world.
- The education system in Ireland is highly regarded on an international level. The opportunities are endless with regards to furthering your own education and developing your skills/knowledge base in any of the outstanding learning facilities.
- Ireland prides itself on being a multicultural country. The number of foreign nationals living in Ireland increased by 25% to 766,770 in the period between 2006 and 2011. Foreign nationals are considered valued contributors to the development of Ireland and its exciting new culture.
- Yearly flexible benefit scheme
- We facilitate optional employee contributed pension plans on your behalf
- In the event of long term sickness, or death in service, UPS both disability benefit & a death in service plan. Should you pass away while in service, a lump sum of 3 times your pensionable salary is paid out to a loved one.
- Employee Discounted Shipping Program
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Education reimbursement policy
- Paid annual leave
- Part paid maternity leave
- Part paid paternity leave
- Parental leave
- Carer’s Leave
- Job share schemes
- Study leave
- Accept & process booking for all export consignments.
- Liaise with all service partners to ensure all collections/deliveries are completed on time
- Completion of all customs declarations & export paperwork
- Invoice files to ensure on time billing for customers
- Provide a high level of customer service to both internal and external customers
- Ensure compliance with Revenue & Customs export regulations
- Ensure compliance with company procedures and industry/statutory legislation
The ideal candidate should have the following skills and attributes:
- Fluency in English is essential both written and verbal
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in the freight forwarding industry is required.
- Experience processing temperature controlled shipments would be an advantage.
- Dangerous Goods Certified would be an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication & reporting skills
- Strong planning, organizational and monitoring skills
- Ability to work in a pressurized and dynamic environment
- Good time management skill
- Aptitude for problem solving
- Attention to detail and high personal standards
- Open to work flexible & additional hours
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.