System Programming Associate
- San Diego, California
- Level: Varies based on position
Systems Programming Associate
We’re the obstacle overcomers. The problem get-arounders. From figuring it out to getting it done… our innovative culture demands “yes and how!” We are UPS. We are the United Problem Solvers.
About Systems Programming at UPS Technology:
Our Systems Programmers design and deploy infrastructure to the highest standards. They are highly determined individuals who serve as a subject matter experts for supporting automation tools to increase organizational efficiency. As a member of the UPS Systems Programming team, your skills will be put to the test working with large-scale automation solutions.
About this role:
The Systems Programming Associate performs testing and operational maintenance to protect and support UPS's Information Services' (I.S.) assets (e.g., mainframe, midrange, open systems and x86 architectures, mobile and fixed devices, etc.). He/She supports operating systems and related technologies and solutions. This position assists with testing, installation, and configuration of third-party infrastructures and applications (i.e., operating system, back-up recovery, communications protocols, and identity management services). The Systems Programming Associate performs tasks (e.g., monitoring, back-up, recovery operations, etc.) to ensure availability. He/She assists with executing business continuity plans and testing.
The Systems Programming Associate may be required to travel occasionally and be able to provide 24/7 on-call support on a rotational basis.
- Experience with Windows Operating System
- Knowledge of database management, computer programming and computer architecture.
- Understanding PC Hardware, Microsoft and third party software and security packaging concepts.
- Advanced knowledge of network technologies, connectivity, protocols and secruity.
- Familiarity with Project Management life cycle, BigFix product functionality, Microsoft patching, Powershell or Audio scripting.
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills, analystical and problem-solving skills.
- Great interpersonal, communication and collaberation abilities.
- Help Desk/Tech support experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or the equivalent in education and work experience.
- Mandatory vaccination (currently working remotely).
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to work for a Fortune 50 industry leader. If you are selected, you will join our dynamic technology team in making a difference to our business and customers. Do you think you have what it takes? Prove it! At UPS, ambition knows no time zone.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Benefits & Career Advantages
IT Professionals get a full slate of benefits and rewards.
A great career in IT is about more than just what you do at work. It's about your whole life - and where you live it. Explore these locations and find the perfect place to become you.
Parsippany and Mahwah
UPS I.T. Speaks With Bloomberg
Satyan Parameswaran, Vice President, UPS Information Technology (I.T.), Operations Technology (OPT), sat down with Lisa Abramowicz of Bloomberg TV to discuss intelligent automation and its effects on the UPS enterprise.Learn More
UPS I.T. Overview
Join our team of experts in a variety of different specialties. We are more than you think- we are UPS I.T.
Follow Us on Instagram
Follow us on Facebook@UPSjobs(Opens in new window)
Follow us on Twitter@UPSjobs(Opens in new window)
Follow us on LinkedIn@UPS(Opens in new window)