Data Information Security Manager
- San Diego, California
- Facility: The UPS Store, Inc.
- Job ID: 216770
- Zip Code: 92121
- Diverse experiences as part of a global team
- Work with the latest technology
- Massive scale of projects
- Unlimited opportunities to grow
Future you has the resources to innovate
With our commitment to making a significant investment in technology initiatives each year, the scale of technology at UPS allows Future You to dream big and realize bigger.
Today, ORION can solve an individual route in seconds and is constantly running in the background evaluating routes before drivers can even leave the facility. This level of route evaluation conducted through the ORION program requires extensive hardware and architectural provisions. Running on a bank of servers in Mahwah, New Jersey, ORION is constantly evaluating the best way for a route to run based on real-time information. While most of America is sleeping, ORION is solving tens of thousands of route optimizations per minute.
UPS has launched a beta version of a chatbot, an artificial intelligence-enabled platform that mimics human conversation to help users easily find UPS’ locations, get shipping rates and track packages. Elements of artificial intelligence are becoming a bigger part of various UPS technologies. For example, our new virtual assistant on UPS.com uses natural language understanding to help customers track packages. The assistant becomes skilled at its tasks as more people ask it questions.
Our focus is on real-world applications that benefit our customers. Drones offer a great solution to deliver to hard-to-reach locations in urgent situations where other modes of transportation are not readily available. Innovation through automation and robotics has long been a focus for the world’s largest package delivery company. In fact, UPS has been testing drones in warehouses to check high storage racks to confirm stock or available space. We’re also exploring the use of drones to deliver humanitarian aid in hard-to-reach parts of the world.
UPS Access points
UPS Access Point locations are convenient places—such as The UPS Store®, neighborhood grocery stores, or other local businesses— that offer easy package drop-off and pickup. Our technology links Access Points into our network with information entered through UPS Mobile, My Choice and ORION software used by our drivers.
With over 8,100 UPS Access Point locations in the U.S., UPS now offers approximately 67 percent of consumers an alternative to home delivery within 3 miles of their residence. Our network of interconnected apps gives our customer maximum visibility and control over where and when they receive their packages.
UPS My Choice
UPS My Choice Members and Premium Members, receive delivery alerts for all eligible home deliveries. For those times when customers won't be home to greet their UPS driver, they can reschedule, redirect, or have their packages delivered The UPS Store® or to a UPS Access Point location.
Our technology allows for changes made on deliveries to be quick and convenient. Nearly 24 million U.S. consumers already use My Choice to plan their deliveries.
The UPS Mobile app allows users to track, ship, get a quote, or find a location. It is a one-stop app for any information a customer might need on their delivery. With a simple yet robust interface and My Choice integration, it serves as a convenient way to get the information they need, whenever or wherever they may need it. UPS Mobile is has been developed for both iOS and Android platforms.
FUTURE YOU HAS EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
From cloud technology to network planning tools, telematics to encryption, we’re empowering our IT team with the latest tools to serve customers and drive our organization forward.
THERE’S NO STOPPING FUTURE YOU
No matter where you start at UPS, you’ll be encouraged to learn new skills and follow your interests. Find out more about how Future You can grow through in-house training, our online learning center, or education assistance for accredited degree programs.Learn More about UPS training
STUDENTS & GRADS
We offer summer internships to students in a wide variety of degree programs. Discover mentoring and learning opportunities that will put your career on the right track. And Future You can even extend your summer internship into a year-round co-op experience or a full-time role. Find out more about our opportunities for students and recent grads.Learn More about opportunities for Students and Graduates
Learn more about our locations to see where Future You can make tech breakthroughs.Learn More about UPS locations
FUTURE YOU GOES ABOVE AND BEYOND
See how UPSers are doing more–including innovating in the skies to deliver lifesaving medicines.
Future You gets more
Medical, dental, vision, and more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
Data Information Security Manager
- San Diego, California
The UPS Store, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of UPS is the world's largest franchisor of retail shipping, postal, printing and business service centers. The UPS Store has over 5,000 independently owned locations in the U.S. and Canada. If you're looking for an exciting and dynamic career opportunity, we want to hear from you!
The TUPSS Information Security Manager provides guidance, leads, and performs a broad range of complex technical and professional work activities to identify, investigate, analyze, and remediate information security events. This position advises on best practices, effectiveness of security controls, risk management and control gaps, process improvements, and solutions through the security governance process. He/She monitors Information Services (I.S.) security controls and service continuity to protect enterprise and information assets. This position collaborates with colleagues and stakeholders to develop secure business solutions. He/She provides training for colleagues, oversees work, allocates resources, and maintains knowledge on emerging technologies. The TUPSS Information Security Manager manages work regarding direct-to-consumer solutions such as Point of Sale devices, payment terminals, and e-commerce, the technologies to secure them such as Point-to-Point Encryption and tokenization, and the compliance requirements of the PCI DSS.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Leads the development, implementation and management of security policies and standards organization-wide to ensure the protection of corporate data against unauthorized use, access, modification, disclosure, and deliberate or inadvertent destruction
- Conducts organization-wide training and informational presentations
- Oversees the general level of security awareness within the organization and the IT team
- Directs the development and reporting of performance metrics and direct actions to continuously improve managing the technical business
- Develops Team Members (e.g., Quality Performance Review [QPR], Career Development, Training, Staffing, etc.) to ensure the day-to-day administration of processes and formal procedures
- Manages project life cycles (i.e., project scope, resources, schedule, budget, initiation, start-up, design, building, and deployment) to see projects from beginning to end
- Manages investigations of security incidents (e.g., problems, breaches, unauthorized access, crises, critical situations, non-compliance with UPSs policies, etc.) to maintain effective security controls and service operations
- Provides service continuity planning and support to minimize downtime, to support critical business functions, and to protect UPSs information assets
- Conducts security risk assessments for business applications and computer installations to maintain confidentiality, integrity, availability, accountability, and compliance of information systems
Knowledge and Skills
- Applies Disaster Recovery Knowledge: Independently implements disaster recovery plans; leads and prioritizes recovery plans during emergencies; evaluates internal and external backup facilities and providers
- Applies Internal Systems Knowledge: Applies in-depth knowledge of products, services, and internal systems; works cross functionally to understand and articulate internal business processes (e.g. system requirements, training) for internal systems; applies analytical skills and advances recommendations on alternative systems solutions with different cost / benefit equations and tradeoffs; coaches others in developing creative, workable solutions to complex system issues; coaches others in the development of logical business cases; evaluates impact of solution on service, cost, and quality
- Incident Investigation: Analyzes information on incidents to determine causes and document findings; identifies patterns or trends among incidents; determines next steps required by type of incident; recommends new approaches to incident investigation and response
- IT - Knowledge of Emerging Technology: Defines processes and practices for evaluating new technologies and potential business value
- Monitors and evaluates enterprise experiences with new technology
- Maintains knowledge of current technologies through user and vendor associations
- Certifications such as CISSP, CISM, or others focused on information security, data privacy, or information risk management
- Master’s Degree (or internationally comparable degree) - Preferred
- Certifications such as CISA, PCIP, PCI ISA or others - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.