Inside Sales Account Specialist - SLC
- Salt Lake City, Utah
- Level: Varies based on position
The Inside Sales Account Specialist conducts sales calls to existing and potential customers to maintain/grow revenue. This position submits requests to the Pricing department and negotiates rates to obtain new accounts.
Contacts Customer Base
- Reviews and contacts targeted list of customers to establish their interests in services and to update account records in database
- Asks focused questions about specific customer needs (e.g., time-sensitive, large volume, etc.) to meet customers' freight needs and obtain additional business
- Listens to customers and asks probing questions (e.g., actual needs versus desires, etc.) to identify the customers immediate/long-term freight needs
- Works the sales funnel (i.e., promised, pending, positioned, and producing) to obtain customer commitments
- Researches and analyzes historic shipping trends to ensure the customer is asked focused questions
Establishes and Submits Pricing Requests
- Requests and obtains competitor pricing from customer (i.e, Customer Pricing Verification) to determine rates required to win the business
- Analyzes customer data to determine discount percentages and services for customers
- Completes and submits customer pricing request to the Pricing department to review, negotiate, and assess profitability
- Conducts negotiations with the customer and Pricing department to reach agreeable rates
- Reviews pricing agreements with customer to ensure and understanding of discount structure , shipping terms, and accessorial charges
Prospects for New Customers and Opportunities
- Contacts customers to determine freight and ground needs
- Matches customer needs to service offerings to successfully obtain their business
- Receives customer leads from various groups and departments (e.g., Customer Service, Account Managers, Enterprise Customer Management, etc...) to identify potential business opportunities
- Probes existing accounts to identify additional departments and areas shipping less-than-truck-load that could use services
- Works with external sales representatives to provide and receive assistance with accounts for increasing business potential
Builds and Maintains Relationships with Customers
- Responds to customer issues (e.g., billing, shipping, etc.) to clarify, resolve, and address concerns
- Conducts quarterly calls to assigned customers to determine customer changes (e.g. new contacts, adjusted shipping needs, reorganizations, etc.)
- Maintains customer contacts on a regular basis to retain business
- Conducts follow-up calls after shipments to show appreciation for the customers's business
- Utilizes aggressive listening skills to understand customer's needs and provide the best solutions
Participates in Inside Sales Special Projects
- Assists various departments (i.e., Services, Volume Services, etc.) during peak times to offset resource shortages
- Promotes special programs (i.e., flavor of the month) with customers to raise service awareness and uncover new opportunities
- Assists Customer Service to identify and resolve customer needs and problems
- Provides on-the-job training for new ISAMs to ensure effective job performance
- Assists in ongoing special projects to help determine system-wide implementations for increased profits
- Bachelors' Degree prefered.
This position is being offered by TFI International Inc. or its affiliates, which is not affiliated with United Parcel Service, Inc. or any of its affiliates, subsidiaries or related entities (“UPS”).
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Benefits & Career Advantages
Inside Sales Professionals get a full slate of benefits and rewards.
Opportunities to Grow
Strength of the UPS name behind you
Diverse team of experts
Creating custom solutions for businesses
UPS Business Development Overview
Learn about our exciting Business Development opportunities. UPS provides great training and support to make sure you are successful in the role.
UPS Inside Sales
Hear from two of our Inside Sales Representatives on how they got started with UPS and how they are helping others develop their careers.