Grade 4 Feeder Dispatch AdminSaint Paul Hub Primary Location: SAINT PAUL, MN - United States Facility Saint Paul Hub Job ID 197937 Zip Code 55113
The ideal candidate for Dispatch Associate I will have at least one year of customer service and/or dispatch experience in a transportation, distribution, order-fulfillment industry or related field. The candidate will have good communication and organizational skills. In addition, candidates must understand basic United States geography.
Dispatch Associate I may be responsible for:
- Dispatching service providers for the timely delivery of same day critical shipments and orders.
- Proactive monitoring and tracking critical shipments to ensure timely delivery of equipment.
- Provides service to customers in a courteous and professional manner
- Handles multiple telephone calls between service providers, call centers, warehouses, transportation centers and others to assure timely delivery of goods.
- Records dispatch time, perform call outs, time of arrival, time of departure, time of delivery, proof of delivery, tracking information, and other time critical information.
- Documentation of delays or possible delays and all other pertinent information about critical shipments.
- Dispatching multiple geographies in the Western United States. Geography experience and map reading capability a must.
- Communicates or escalates problems to other dispatchers, leads, supervisors and managers and assists in resolving them immediately.
- May cover additional dispatch areas or territories during primary dispatcher break and lunch periods, and, as experience increases, during absences.
- Tracks weather and traffic issues and other events that may cause delays. Communicates and documents events proactively.
- Contacts warehouses to assure response to orders.
- Learns, understands and works with the enterprise dispatching system.
- Responsible for monitoring and informing customers on approximate length of time for empty containers using quotations on special deliveries and rating drivers manifest for correct billing
- All other task as assigned by supervisor and or manager.
- This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job responsibilities, duties and skills required for this position.
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- One year of customer service and/or dispatch experience in a transportation, distribution, order-fulfillment industry or related field.
- Basic reading, writing, arithmetic skills are a must
- Good communication skills
- Types 25 words per minute.
- Basic Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) skills
- Accurate and rapid data entry and retrieval
- Ability to multi task in very fast paced environment.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.