Industrial Engineering Supervisor (m/f/d)Primary Location: Via Della Magliana, n. 329 , Rome, Roma - IT, 00148 Other Location: Italy Job ID 068846
We are looking for an Industrial Engineering Supervisor with proven experience in Warehouse Logistics to join our Industrial Engineering team based in Rome.
Working in a fast-paced environment, you are a self-starter that possesses strong analytical skills and excellent problem solving techniques. You also have high integrity and accountability standards. In developing and delivering of cost effective solutions you exercise leadership to continuously enhance the organisational performance, to improve operational profit.
What you’ll do
- You provide support to improve the logistics Operations: working with managers to set op strategies for improving cost and service levels, developing of solutions to issues and provide recommendations for improvement, is an important part of your day
- We are continuously looking to improve, innovate and automate our warehouses. As Supervisor you work closely with external and internal integrators and automation specialists to optimize our processes
- You make sure that midsize to large projects go smoothly and reach the desired goal. You also develop measurements to optimize operating plans and assist with reporting
- As a Supervisor you develop your team of field Engineers and work together towards the set goals for the whole Engineering team; you train yourself and your team investigating new technologies. ‘
- Providing solution designs and development of new large business opportunities is also part your responsibility. You help our solutions team design and cost new business opportunities and support with the implementation in one of our buildings
What you’ll need
- Minimum of Bachelor. Preferably in Industrial Engineering, Operations management, Supply chain
- You have experience in work measurements, methods and procedures, operations research, finance and/or statistical analysis
- you are able to work in cross-functional teams and can communicate on all levels in the organization
- You are naturally curious in processes and how to improve them, while able to perform the necessary analysis to back-up your idea’s
- You have working knowledge of MS office, Visio, MS Projects, Access. AutoCAD is a plus.
What you’ll get
You will receive training on the job and will assume responsibility at an early stage of your induction. You can look forward to a competitive salary. UPS has a supportive culture and promotes personal development, giving you the opportunities to grow within the company.
During the current COVID 19 outbreak we are enabling all staff to work remotely from home providing all necessary equipment.
Founded in 1907 as a messenger company in the United States, UPS has grown into a multi-billion-dollar corporation by clearly focusing on the goal of enabling commerce around the globe. Today, UPS is a global company with one of the most recognized and admired brands in the world. We have become the world's largest package delivery company and a leading global provider of specialized transportation and logistics services. Every day, we manage the flow of goods, funds, and information in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide.
How we recruit:
At UPS, equal opportunities, fair treatment and an inclusive workplace environment are of utmost importance. We are committed to a policy of treating individuals fairly and recruiting, selecting, training, promoting and compensating based on merit, experience and other work–related criteria. We do not discriminate against any applicant based on age, race, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.Apply Now