District Health & Safety Specialist - UPS FreightUPS Freight Corporate Offices Primary Location: RICHMOND, VA - United States Facility UPS Freight Corporate Offices Job ID 201762 Zip Code 23224
The Health and Safety Specialist is responsible for providing the Health and Safety department with analytical and technological support. This position develops reports and analytics for tracking improvements in health and safety leading and lagging measures. He/She is responsible for the creation, development and daily maintenance of the databases and technological systems used at the corporate level to produce scheduled reports for organizational management in addition to completing frequent adhoc requests of health and safety related data. The Health and Safety Specialist ensures information is current and available on Health and Safety information resources. This position assists the Corporate Health and Safety staff with special projects (i.e., global initiatives and data collection) and supports UPS and regulatory safety compliance (i.e., OSHA, Department of Transportation [DOT], and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration [FMCSA]).
The Health and Safety Specialist creates highly complex databases by performing SQL querying, creating pivot tables and data tables in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access, utilizing data from various sources. This position manipulates data utilizing V-lookup and array formulas in Microsoft Excel, as well as crosstab queries, append queries, and union queries within Microsoft Access. He/She completes Corporate Health & Safety SharePoint administrator responsibilities of posting and deleting content in addition to editing site settings, site permissions and creating new sites as necessary.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Runs reports (e.g., daily and monthly, etc.) on accidents and injuries (i.e., automotive and work place updates) to provide information to Health and Safety and functional (e.g., Air, Retail, Transportation, etc.) management
- Follows up on data errors in reporting (e.g., names, locations, reporting relationships, etc.) to ensure information is accurate before reports are distributed
- Works with Health and Safety management to understand which information is required for Health and Safety resources
- Updates services, initiatives, and information on health and safety in Health and Safety resources to support a culture of safety
- Partners with the Human Resources Systems department to make updates to the Health and Safety resources
- Generates employee demographic reports (i.e., employee names, employee identification numbers, and reporting relationships) from automated Health and Safety systems to assess the number of employees in locations and to ensure accuracy in reporting
Knowledge and Skills
- Detail Orientation: Captures/documents specific and accurate information; learns subjects thoroughly and in detail; completes work with thoroughness; supplies appropriate details when requested; maintains organized files
- Report Generation: Possesses ability to generate simple reports using basic functions in software, and/or writing basic queries; identifies information required to complete reports and identifies existing reports generated by others
- Solicits and Gathers Information: Demonstrates a working knowledge of techniques for soliciting and gathering information; identifies appropriate sources of information
- Bachelor’s Degree (or internationally comparable degree) – Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.