BUSINESS PLANNING SUPERVISOR
- Richmond, Virginia
- Level: Varies based on position
This position assists in defining the company budget. They are responsible for preparing monthly journal entries, cost allocation models, business plans, and forecasts. The incumbent prepares financial and operating reports to provide a basis for management planning, operating controls, performance measurements and results in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
This position ensures plans and actual expense are properly classified and represented in the proper period through the use of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). The incumbent provides regions with direction and support to develop quarterly expense business plans, as well as, reviews data required for the production of reports to identify opportunities to improve system efficiency. This role also conducts system training for users to support business planning activities.
- Processes month end journal entries, accrual journals, monthly prepayment and balance sheet/income statement reclassification journals
- Reports month end budget performance and variance
- Processes month end trial balance sheet General Ledger reconciliation and aging analysis
- Supports internal/external audit needs upon request
- Forecasts weekly business results
- Possesses strong communication skills with attention to detail and ability to manage a personnel specialist in their day-to-day tasks
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of accounting theory and principles
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Bachelor's Degree (or internationally comparable degree) in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or related field
- Master's Degree (or internationally comparable degree) in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or related field
- Budget Planning, Forecast Model Analysis and Supervisory experience
This position is being offered by TFI International Inc. or its affiliates, which is not affiliated with United Parcel Service, Inc. or any of its affiliates, subsidiaries or related entities (“UPS”).
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Benefits & Career Advantages
Finance Professionals get a full slate of benefits and rewards.
Support Operations in over 220 Countries and Territories
Scope and Stability of a Fortune 100 Organization
Diverse Team of Experts