The Preload Supervisor is responsible for planning, delegating and reviewing the day-to-day area activities in order to ensure efficient scheduling, proper loading and timely departure. He/she collaborates with support functions to address process, safety, staffing, training, and disciplinary reports to the Preload Supervisor.
The Preload Supervisor executes delivery center dispatch plan and coordinates inbound and outbound package process flow to ensure appropriate employee scheduling and proper loading for timely departure. He/she uses shipment volume and input form the Dispatch Supervisor to determine whether routes should be broken down. This position dispatches and accounts for late and air packages to ensure that shipments are delivered within guaranteed timeframes. The Preload Supervisor coordinates work processes between the Feeder and Preload departments to facilitate unloading and sorting. He/she reviews and analyzes work group processes to troubleshoot service inefficiencies, modify work plans and/or behaviors, and improve performance.
- Participates in the development and implementation of work process plans to maximize preload proficiency and achieve business results.
- Works with Human Resources to ensure the implementation and maintenance of a Comprehensive Health and Safety Plan.
- Conducts audits to ensure compliance with UPS, local, state, and federal guidelines for safety, hazardous materials, security, environmental, and OSHA.
- Maintains updated employee training and certifications to provide a safe, proficient work environment.
- Determines employees' training needs to produce continuous development plans.
- Provides on-going feedback and support to improve performance.
- Conducts performance evaluations in a consistent, fair, and objective manner to encourage continuous performance improvement.
- Resolves individual and group performance issues in accordance with UPS's policies and procedures in a timely manner to motivate and foster teamwork.
- Communicates and presents operational objectives, changes, and updates to ensure a well-informed and focused workgroup.
- Assesses Business Needs: Identifies current and future needs of the customer or business; understands how business needs dictate the project's requirements, project direction, business objectives, and resource allocation; makes recommendations on the solutions-design phase of the project.
- Legal, Regulatory, and Compliance Knowledge: Applies knowledge of agencies' functions and regulations to compliance and enforcement activities; identifies routine situations where the organization may be out of compliance as well as the specific impacts of non-compliance.
- Small Package Operations Knowledge: Demonstrates a detailed understanding of processes, procedures, and methods within small package operations; demonstrates a broad knowledge of tools, equipment, and technology used in small package operations; identifies root causes of recurring issues; describes the general structure of small package operations.
- Talent Acquisition: Describes talent acquisition practices; assists in selection and hiring of employees; demonstrates awareness of employment specific laws and regulations.
- Bachelor's Degree-Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law