Disctrict Case Supervisor
- Full Time
- Plano, Texas
- Travel: No
- Facility: SOUTHWEST REGION OFFICE
- Job ID: 199044
- Zip Code: 75024
- Support operations in over 220 countries
- Scope and stability of a fortune 100 organization
- Promote-from-within culture
- Diverse team of experts
- Opportunities to grow
FUTURE YOU FINDS THE RIGHT FIT
In Finance & Accounting, Future You can go almost anywhere. Opportunities at UPS include:
Financial Accounting & Reporting
Includes our external reporting experts (SEC and foreign governments), as well as internal management accounting specialties for decision support.
Financial Planning & Analysis
Mine big data for critical decision drivers, evaluate results to identify paths for future improvements to growth and profitability.
F&A systems support
Combining knowledge of Finance & Accounting with technology capabilities to drive continuous improvement through our processes.
Tax Planning & Compliance
Inside an enormous global company, the tax planning opportunities are endless. These translate into meaningful cash savings that drive company value.
The investments team is constantly scanning the horizon to drive returns on our sizable investment portfolio. Our in-house subject matter experts employ a broad variety of investment disciplines.
Global treasury management is an exciting field engaging in real-time marketplaces around the world. Our cash management is critical to enabling our global growth.
Within a vast transportation company, there are fundamental needs to safeguard the company’s assets and ensure UPS maintains its award-winning status as a leading company in business ethics. Simultaneously, our auditors have a unique perspective to identify process improvements that lead to increased shareowner value.
Mergers & Acquisitions
We never rest when it comes to targeting the right acquisitions to profitably grow our transportation network. M&A teams are based around the world to respond to customer needs.
Future You Has What It Takes To Move The World
As a Finance professional, Future You is part of a global team that works on a scale you just can’t find anywhere else. Just consider this, we’ve delivered 3,240 packages since you started reading this section—think we know a thing or two about global opportunity?
- $65 billion in revenues in 2017
- 20 million+ deliveries every day to 10.5 million customers
- 454 thousand global employees
- 2.5 thousand+ operating facilities worldwide
FUTURE YOU KNOWS YOUR VALUE
Our professionals have helped us secure our position as the world’s most valuable logistics brand, time and time again. Get behind the numbers, and take Future You straight to the top with UPS.Learn More Financial Professionals at UPS.
Future You gets more
Medical, dental, vision, & more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
Disctrict Case Supervisor
- Full Time
- Plano, Texas
The District Case Management Supervisor is responsible for effective management of casualty claims (i.e., workers’ compensation [WC], auto, and general liability) for his/her districts. He/She is involved in effective case management, vendor management, and a variety of key external organizations. The District Case Management Supervisor’s primary objective is to reduce open inventory of claims, ensure effective management of employee’s treatment in work related injuries, and reduce overall costs.
Some of the major responsibilities include managing claims and medical networks as well as coordinates and manages case management strategies. The District Case Management supervisor will respond to both internal and external customer requests, initiate employee contact to discuss treatment plans and participates in case management litigation.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Identifies and manages WC, auto, and general liability claims to ensure rapid closure
- Maintains required claim information in the claims database to ensure information is up to date and organized
- Monitors WC medical providers to ensure understanding of UPS jobs and WC objectives
- Reviews treatment plans with medical professionals to ensure expedited and appropriate outcomes
- Coordinates case management efforts between insurance carriers or third party administrators (TPAs) and the district to ensure claims are properly managed
- Conducts strategy discussions with TPAs and insurance carriers to ensure claims are progressing towards resolution
- Contacts injured employees to discuss treatment plans and compensation processes
- Responds to employee claims questions and treatment options available to ensure trust is maintained between the employee and UPS
- Contacts employees periodically on “return to work” status to ensure employees are progressing and receiving quality medical care and proper claims management from TPAs
- Provides assistance to legal counsel on discovery requests to ensure cases are properly defended
- Prepares litigation reviews to ensure claims are positioned for effective resolution
- Meets with witnesses to understand and clarify testimony prior to hearings to ensure UPS interests are properly represented
- Participates in depositions, settlement conferences, hearings, and trials on WC, auto, and general liability cases to ensure proper representation and support is provided
- Reviews cases and negotiates with employees to authorize settlements within corporate guidelines for the position
- Monitors and tracks jurisdictional results to ensure future case preparations are properly aligned
Knowledge and Skills
- Applies established procedures for responding to incidents; determines and documents information pertinent to incidents; communicates resolutions or results to stakeholders
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of the functions, regulations, and procedures of compliance agencies or governing bodies; takes a leadership position in programs that reduce risk and enhance safety
- Uses multiple strategies to persuade others; identifies and removes barriers to agreements; wins concessions effectively; provides input into future negotiation processes or strategies
- Identifies and evaluates risks; determines and applies appropriate risk treatment(s)
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of techniques for soliciting and gathering information; identifies appropriate sources of information
- Identifies internal customers’ needs and vendors to meet those needs; determines costs and benefits to UPS for vendors’ products, commodities or services; creates bid proposals for vendor solicitation; analyzes vendor responses and develops recommendations for award
- Experience with case management - Preferred
- Experience using Microsoft Office products - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.