Technology Support Group (TSG) Technician
- Phoenix, Arizona
- Level: Varies based on position
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
The Technology Support Group Technician provides support activities on various computer, network and peripheral systems. This position requires knowledge of systems architecture and emerging technologies, strong oral and written communication, planning, organization, decision making, problem solving, accountability, initiative, analysis and judgment skills.
- Installs and supports workstations, laptops and other peripheral IT hardware
- Installs and supports current desktop operating systems and programs
- Installs and supports network cabling and hardware for wired and wireless networks
- Installs and supports servers, server operating systems and relevant server programs
- Ability to provide technical training to others
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- General understanding of telecommunications systems
- Ability to travel between different facilities
- Flexible work schedule to adjust for upgrades and vacation coverage
- Ability to work independently
- Good customer service skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Easily adapts to new technology and applications that support job responsibilities
- Ability to complete A+ Certification within 12 months of employment in TSG
- A+ Certification - Preferred
- Bachelor's Degree (or internationally comparable degree) - Preferred
UPS is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Employer will not sponsor visas for position. UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/nationalorigin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Must be a U.S. Citizen or National of the U.S., an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, or an alien authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer.
Benefits & Career Advantages
Industrial Engineers get a full slate of benefits and rewards.
Tackle Complex Global Challenges
Use Your Unique Perspective to Solve Problems
Be Part of a Smart, Driven Community
Contribute on a Team with a Work Hard/Play Hard Mentality
Follow Us on Instagram
Follow us on Facebook@UPSjobs(Opens in new window)
Follow us on Twitter@UPSjobs(Opens in new window)
Follow us on LinkedIn@UPS(Opens in new window)