- Parsippany, New Jersey
- Job ID: 314880
- Zip Code: 07054
- Street Address: 10 Upper Pond Rd
CAPITAL LEAD Snapshot
- Diverse experiences as part of a global team
- Work with the latest technology
- Massive scale of projects
- Unlimited opportunities to grow
The Resources To Innovate
With our commitment to making a significant investment in technology initiatives each year, the scale of technology at UPS allows you to dream big and realize bigger.
Today, ORION can solve an individual route in seconds and is constantly running in the background evaluating routes before drivers can even leave the facility. This level of route evaluation conducted through the ORION program requires extensive hardware and architectural provisions. Running on a bank of servers in Mahwah, New Jersey, ORION is constantly evaluating the best way for a route to run based on real-time information. While most of America is sleeping, ORION is solving tens of thousands of route optimizations per minute.
UPS has launched a beta version of a chatbot, an artificial intelligence-enabled platform that mimics human conversation to help users easily find UPS’ locations, get shipping rates and track packages. Elements of artificial intelligence are becoming a bigger part of various UPS technologies. For example, our new virtual assistant on UPS.com uses natural language understanding to help customers track packages. The assistant becomes skilled at its tasks as more people ask it questions.
Our focus is on real-world applications that benefit our customers. Drones offer a great solution to deliver to hard-to-reach locations in urgent situations where other modes of transportation are not readily available. Innovation through automation and robotics has long been a focus for the world’s largest package delivery company. In fact, UPS has been testing drones in warehouses to check high storage racks to confirm stock or available space. We’re also exploring the use of drones to deliver humanitarian aid in hard-to-reach parts of the world.
UPS Access points
UPS Access Point locations are convenient places—such as The UPS Store®, neighborhood grocery stores, or other local businesses— that offer easy package drop-off and pickup. Our technology links Access Points into our network with information entered through UPS Mobile, My Choice and ORION software used by our drivers.
With over 8,100 UPS Access Point locations in the U.S., UPS now offers approximately 67 percent of consumers an alternative to home delivery within 3 miles of their residence. Our network of interconnected apps gives our customer maximum visibility and control over where and when they receive their packages.
UPS My Choice
UPS My Choice Members and Premium Members, receive delivery alerts for all eligible home deliveries. For those times when customers won't be home to greet their UPS driver, they can reschedule, redirect, or have their packages delivered The UPS Store® or to a UPS Access Point location.
Our technology allows for changes made on deliveries to be quick and convenient. Nearly 24 million U.S. consumers already use My Choice to plan their deliveries.
The UPS Mobile app allows users to track, ship, get a quote, or find a location. It is a one-stop app for any information a customer might need on their delivery. With a simple yet robust interface and My Choice integration, it serves as a convenient way to get the information they need, whenever or wherever they may need it. UPS Mobile is has been developed for both iOS and Android platforms.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
From cloud technology to network planning tools, telematics to encryption, we’re empowering our IT team with the latest tools to serve customers and drive our organization forward.
THERE’S NO STOPPING YOU
No matter where you start at UPS, you’ll be encouraged to learn new skills and follow your interests. Find out more about how you can grow through in-house training, our online learning center, or education assistance for accredited degree programs.Learn More about UPS training
STUDENTS & GRADS
We offer summer internships to students in a wide variety of degree programs. Discover mentoring and learning opportunities that will put your career on the right track. And you can even extend your summer internship into a year-round co-op experience or a full-time role. Find out more about our opportunities for students and recent grads.Learn More about opportunities for Students and Graduates
Learn more about our locations to see where you can make tech breakthroughs.Learn More about UPS locations
GO ABOVE AND BEYOND
See how UPSers are doing more–including innovating in the skies to deliver lifesaving medicines.
Get More From Your Benefits
Medical, dental, vision, and more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
- Parsippany, New Jersey
We’re the obstacle overcomers, the problem get-arounders. From figuring it out to getting it done… our innovative culture demands “yes and how!” We are UPS. We are the United Problem Solvers.
About Customer Information Management at UPS Technology:
Are you looking to launch your Information Technology career? If so, then UPS is the place for you!
UPS is now recognized as a technology company spending more than $1 billion a year on information technology. UPS provides its customers unparalleled capability in tracking and distribution intelligence. This technological infrastructure also enables UPS to provide fully integrated Web-enabled, business-to-business solutions.
UPS Information Services, a leader in information technology, is currently seeking career-minded individuals to join our team. If you are highly motivated with a degree in Computer Science or related discipline, then UPS is a great place for you to advance your career.
About this role:
The User Specialist supports a specific application or system. This position gathers and synthesizes information to maintain an assigned system or application. He/She verifies and monitors production support inquiries. This position facilitates end user training. The User Specialist reports to the supervisor and must have Strong communication, organizational, prioritization, and analytical skills n this fast paced production support environment. Candidate must be an assertive self-starter, eager to learn UPS business/system processes, and will be expected to rapidly become a subject-matter expert for the assigned business area. Candidate must be able to confidently facilitate training and work sessions, and provide coordination among business stakeholders and application work teams to achieve results. Candidate must be computer proficient with Intermediate to Expert experience using Microsoft Office 2013 suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio, OneNote and PowerPoint); intermediate experience with MS Access. Familiarity with SQL queries and statements, Oracle BI, mainframe environment, and MS Sharepoint a plus.
Interacts with Technical Teams, Staff, and Users
• Facilitates meetings to achieve desired results (e.g., timelines, metrics, goals, etc.).
• Supports field users by providing information to increase understanding of changes and enhancements to systems.
• Collaborates with cross-functional groups to dsocument broad business requirements and to obtain end user approval.
• Interfaces with internal and external customers, staff, and teams to gather business requirements and to maintain system enhancements.
• Provides information for problem identification and resolution to meet compliance requirements.
• Interacts with cross-functional groups to address business issues and to ensure resolution.
• Provides timely problem resolution to ensure project timelines are met.
• Assists with audits to ensure compliance of user access to UPS applications
Supports End User Inquiries
• Investigates end user inquiries to understand and identify potential application problems.
• Maintains and updates information databases to ensure accurate and current data.
• Generates standard and ad hoc reports to address inquiries.
• Reviews application functionality and researches inquiries to resolve issues and to support end user inquiries.
• Monitors application status and business impact to measure system stability.
• Researches and analyzes business impacts of application problems to support the resolution of issues and to respond to inquiries.
• Performs data queries to provide accurate and current information for analysis.
Supports Technical Requirements
• Reviews project deliverables to evaluate impact for an application or a system.
• Collaborates with cross functional teams to research documentation on requirements.
• Interfaces with associates to ensure quality during problem resolution and retesting solutions.
• Gathers and assembles statistical reports to support the development life cycle.
• Collects process improvement ideas through deployment to support quality assurance.
• Compiles end user reports to inform management of application trends.
Participates in User Acceptance Testing
• Assists with development of use case and scenarios to verify expected results for the application prior to production implementation.
• Assists with UAT to provide test files for applications and customers.
• Logs and reports defects to support end user acceptance and sign-off.
• Assists in the development of go-live training to ensure successful implementation.
Provides Vendor and Customer Production Support
• Provides day-to-day production support of applications (e.g., logs, researches and troubleshoots issues, etc.) for internal and/or external customers and vendors to ensure timely problem resolution.
• Provides 1st and 2nd level support and collaborates with 3rd level support to troubleshoot issues and to increase customer satisfaction.
• Identifies, documents, and communicates production support issues (e.g., system outages, significant events impacting fulfillment of special requests, etc.) to convey changes for project schedules and status.
• Evaluates production support and technology system processes and procedures to assess efficiency and effectiveness.
• Facilitates classroom, remote, and one-on-one training to educate end users on functionality.
• Provides post go-live application support to customers and vendors to log, track, and address issues.
• Researches existing and new services and products to support customer requests.
Primary Skill: Microsoft Office
The desired User Specialist will possess a degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or related field or the equivalent in education and work experience. Bachelors' Degree preferred
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to work for a Fortune 50 industry leader. If you are selected, you will join our dynamic technology team in making a difference to our business and customers. Do you think you have what it takes? Prove it! At UPS, ambition knows no time zone.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law