Salesforce Quality Assurance Engineer
- Parsippany, New Jersey
- Level: Varies based on position
Salesforce Quality Assurance Engineer
We’re the obstacle overcomers, the problem get-arounders. From figuring it out to getting it done…our innovative culture demands “yes and how!” We are UPS. We are the United Problem Solvers.
About Applications Development at UPS Technology:
Our Application Development teams use their expertise in programming languages and software design to develop next-generation technology. They are responsible for developing the applications which track and move up to 38 million packages in a single day (4.7 billion annually). This team works closely with all of our customers to build innovative technologies that are customized to drive our business and provide the ultimate customer experience. As a member of the applications development family, you will help UPS grow and provide valuable services across the globe.
About this role:
The Salesforce Quality Assurance Engineer performs full testing lifecycle for both functional and non-functional testing, Design, create, execute, and maintain test cases, and scripts related to the Salesforce platform. He/She is responsible for providing creation of test cases and working with the developers on releases and deployments, including the implementation of quality gates. He/She participates in software specification, gap analysis, requirements analysis, and testing for Applications Development (AD) initiatives to meet business requirements. He/She collaborates with teams and supports emerging technologies to ensure effective communication and achievement of objectives. This position provides knowledge and support for applications manual testing, automated testing, and maintenance.
- Will be working on a global deployment of Salesforce Platform Management to 40 countries and corresponding languages, 1000 locations and 25,000 users
- This is a dynamic application that is rapidly growing with new Partner relationship, Language translations and Content Management functionalities
- Develop test frameworks to validate salesforce modules and integrations – Lightning/Velocity components, APEX Class, Triggers, Visualforce pages, etc. covering Aura and LWC
- Working expertise with Platform Management, Service Cloud & Service Business Process (Email to Case, Web to Case, Knowledge, Case Routing, Queues, Public Groups, and User Group Assignments)
- Testing, including defining/supporting user acceptance testing (UAT) and gathering feedback from pre-release testers Perform data updates / migration using Data Loader and other Salesforce tools
- Execute regression test events, testing & tracking of known issues and report on errors that are identified
- Configure necessary test automation software as needed to complete assigned testing
- Participate in software specification, gap analysis, and requirements analysis
- Ability to write clear, detailed test cases
- Performs tasks within planned durations and established deadlines.
- Collaborates with teams to ensure effective communication in supporting the achievement of objectives.
- Strong Ability to Automate test iterations on issues/defects, regression testing etc.
- Evaluate existing test artifacts and design test cases/scripts for new releases
- Ensure quality of Salesforce application development through establishment of testing and automation control gates
- Assist in defining metrics to track completion phase, defect reports, defect prevention, and test coverage
- Work backlog of test plan automation of multiple concurrent Salesforce Modules that have transitioned from Development to Operations and Maintenance
- Conduct Quality Assurance activities to ensure the highest quality releases of Salesforce Modules
- Log, track, and manage issues, bugs, and enhancement/ features requests logged in JIRA/TFS
- Understanding of Salesforce, Salesforce architecture and concepts
- Prior experience testing the Salesforce platform and automation of Salesforce application
- Preferably 5+ years QA Experience.
- Minimum 2+ years of hands-on experience in testing of Salesforce Lightning framework covering Aura and LWC
- Must have Skills: Salesforce QA , Salesforce PRM, Sales Cloud & Service Cloud , Salesforce LWC components , Salesforce Migration , API , Automation, Selenium , Whitebox and Blackbox testing, Smoke testing
- Ability to write clear, detailed test cases and acceptance criteria
- Experience with latest tools: Selenium BDD with CICD Automation Testing, Copado (CRT), best practices, QA methods
- Experience in testing Content Management, Translations, and 3rd party AppExchange component integrations
- Experience in Security and Vulnerability testing
- Flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment
- Must be detail-oriented and Self-Motivated Learner
- Ability to collaborate with others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in Computer Science or related discipline or the equivalent in education and work experience
- Platform Admin (mandatory)
- CSTE (mandatory)
- CSQA (desired)
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to work for a Fortune 50 industry leader. If you are selected, you will join our dynamic technology team in making a difference to our business and customers. Do you think you have what it takes? Prove it! At UPS, ambition knows no time zone.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Benefits & Career Advantages
IT Professionals get a full slate of benefits and rewards.
A great career in IT is about more than just what you do at work. It's about your whole life - and where you live it. Explore these locations and find the perfect place to become you.
Parsippany and Mahwah
UPS I.T. Speaks With Bloomberg
Satyan Parameswaran, Vice President, UPS Information Technology (I.T.), Operations Technology (OPT), sat down with Lisa Abramowicz of Bloomberg TV to discuss intelligent automation and its effects on the UPS enterprise.Learn More
UPS I.T. Overview
Join our team of experts in a variety of different specialties. We are more than you think- we are UPS I.T.
Follow Us on Instagram
Follow us on Facebook@UPSjobs(Opens in new window)
Follow us on Twitter@UPSjobs(Opens in new window)
Follow us on LinkedIn@UPS(Opens in new window)