Salesforce Applications Developer
- Parsippany, New Jersey
- Level: Varies based on position
We’re the obstacle overcomers, the problem get-arounders. From figuring it out to getting it done… our innovative culture demands “yes and how!” We are UPS. We are the United Problem Solvers.
About Applications Development at UPS Technology:
Our technology teams use expertise in applications programming & database technologies to support enterprise infrastructure. They create & support application frameworks & tools. They support deployment of applications & services across a multi-tier environment that processes up to 38 million packages in a single day (4.7 billion annually). This team works closely with our customers to build innovative technologies that are customized to drive business goals & provide the ultimate customer experience. As a member of the applications development family, you will help UPS grow & provide valuable services across the globe.
About this role:
The Salesforce Applications Developer will analyze business requirements, translating those requirements into Salesforce specific solutions using the Salesforce toolsets (Out of the Box, Configuration, Customization). He/She should have the following: experience in designing & building a solution using Salesforce Declarative & Programmatic Approach, knowledge with Integrating Salesforce with on premise legacy systems and other cloud solutions, experience with integration middleware and Enterprise Service Bus. He/She should also have experience in Translate design requirements or agile user stories into Salesforce specific solutions using the Salesforce toolsets (Out of the Box, Configuration, Customization), consuming or sending the message in XML\JSON format to 3rd party using SOAP and REST APIs, expertise in Apex, process builder, workflow, and triggers, working experience with Platform Management, Service Cloud & Service Business Process, Some knowledge in Programmatic aspect of the platform - Apex, Lighting, Front End Web Technologies. He/She collaborates with teams and supports emerging technologies to ensure effective communication and achievement of objectives.
- Will be working on a global deployment of Salesforce Platform Management to 40 countries and corresponding languages, 1000 locations and 25,000 users
- This is a dynamic application that is rapidly growing with new Partner relationship, Language translations and Content Management functionalities
- Develop end to end Salesforce solutions using Configuration and Customization – Lightning/Velocity components, APEX Class, Triggers, Visualforce pages, etc. covering Aura and LWC
- Automate business processes using Salesforce automation tools: Process Builder, Workflows, Formulas, Flow, Assignment Rules and email Alerts
- Working experience with Platform Management, Service Cloud & Service Business Process (Email to Case, Web to Case, Language Translations, Email Templates, Knowledge, Case Routing, Queues, Public Groups, and User Group Assignments)
- Performs tasks within planned durations and established deadlines.
- Collaborates with teams to ensure effective communication in supporting the achievement of objectives.
- Strong Ability to debug and resolve issues/defects
- Author technical approach and design documentation
- Collaborate with the offshore team on design discussions and development items
- Experience in designing & building a solution using Salesforce Declarative & Programmatic Approach.
- Experience with integration middleware and Enterprise Service Bus
- Experience in consuming or sending the message in XML\JSON format to 3rd party using SOAP and REST APIs
- Expertise in Apex, process builder, workflow, and triggers
- Knowledge of Salesforce Platform Management and Service Cloud
- Knowledge with Integrating Salesforce with on premise legacy systems and other cloud solution
- Preferably 3+ years Development experience
- Minimum 2+ years of hands-on experience in development of Salesforce Lightning framework covering Aura and LWC
- Experience in Content Management, Translations, and 3rd party AppExchange component integrations
- Experience with Agile Development
- Must be detail-oriented
- Self-Motivated Learner
- Ability to collaborate with others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in Computer Science or related discipline or the equivalent in education and work experience
- Platform Admin (mandatory)
- Platform Developer1 (desired)
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Benefits & Career Advantages
IT Professionals get a full slate of benefits and rewards.
A great career in IT is about more than just what you do at work. It's about your whole life - and where you live it. Explore these locations and find the perfect place to become you.
Parsippany and Mahwah
UPS I.T. Speaks With Bloomberg
Satyan Parameswaran, Vice President, UPS Information Technology (I.T.), Operations Technology (OPT), sat down with Lisa Abramowicz of Bloomberg TV to discuss intelligent automation and its effects on the UPS enterprise.Learn More
UPS I.T. Overview
Join our team of experts in a variety of different specialties. We are more than you think- we are UPS I.T.
Follow Us on Instagram
Follow us on Facebook@UPSjobs(Opens in new window)
Follow us on Twitter@UPSjobs(Opens in new window)
Follow us on LinkedIn@UPS(Opens in new window)