PPM Project SupervisorParsippany Primary Location: 10 Upper Pond Rd , PARSIPPANY, NJ - United States, 07054 Facility Parsippany Job ID 256197
The Package Process Management (PPM) Project Supervisor serves as a subject matter expert for operations scanning, de-skilling, automaton & other technology projects as well as provides support to existing technology and new operations systems. He/She gathers business requirements, initiates feasibility studies, and maintains data for larger scale operation projects especially those involving technological enhancements. This PPM Project supervisor will serve as a liaison between stakeholders, software engineers, and software users and therefore, requires a thorough understanding of UPS operations and processes as well as technology. The PPM Project Supervisor supervises specialists, interns, and part-time supervisors within group.
The PPM Project Supervisor develops business cases to ensure technology, automation, and larger scale projects are aligned with UPS's corporate strategy. He/She confers with cross-functional teams to determine project feasibility. This position conducts survey meeting with end users to clarify business requests to determine project cost. The PPM Project Supervisor conducts data research to prevent duplication of efforts. He/She reports application defects to Information Systems (IS) to ensure resolution prior to deployment.
We are looking for a person of high integrity that is looking to assume responsibility for UPS processes/applications functionalities deployed all over the world, make them their own, enhance them and ultimately build their next generation replacement.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Attends stakeholders' status meetings to provide application progress reports.
- Creates and maintains application documentation to ensure user guides and training materials are current and user-friendly.
- Provides system resolutions to end users to prevent negative system impacts.
- Responds to systems' usability ad hoc requests to ensure clarification of the systems' functionality.
- Reviews requests and confers with cross-functional teams to prevent application redundancy and ensure the project aligns with business needs.
- Confers with requestors and IS to ensure project scope is clearly defined.
- Executes test scripts to ensure applications meet end users' needs.
- Acts as a representative for UPS applications across all levels of the organization to meet end users' needs.
- Utilizes advanced technologies to create operational efficiencies and improve UPS service to customers.
Knowledge and Skills
- Designs/Develops Integrated Solutions to Business Problems: Demonstrates a broad understanding of business requirements or critical elements of a problem; identifies the impact of a problem on multiple areas of the business; recommends improvements to existing processes or programs.
- Incident Investigation: Describes types of incidents; demonstrates basic knowledge of requirements for initiating an investigation of incidents; describes the procedures followed for investigating incidents
- Solicits and Gathers Information: Uses in-depth techniques to uncover new information or details that are not readily available; selects techniques and strategies that are appropriate for the audience; chooses techniques that result in more accurate and thorough information; implements strategies that minimize biases and preconceived ideas
- Technology Knowledge: Recognizes the basic impact of technology on UPS business, services, and processes; identifies technological barriers in achieving desired objectives; maintains appropriate breadth and depth of technological knowledge for current work assignment
- Work Methods, Processes, Flows Analysis: Identifies routine work methods/processes/flows to analyze; describes in general terms, process capability studies; describes the basic steps in analysis of data related to people, technology, or information
- Small Package Operations Knowledge: Demonstrates a detailed understanding of processes, procedures, and methods within small package operations; demonstrates a broad knowledge of tools, equipment, and technology used in small package operations; identifies root causes of recurring issues; describes the general structure of small package operations
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.)
- SQL querying capabilities
- Willing to work flexible hours, such as preload (2am – 12pm), hub twilight (11pm – 10am), and local sort (5pm – 11pm) shifts
- Willing to travel
- Bachelor's Degree (or internationally comparable degree) in Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering, Business Management, Computer Science or Technology related field – Preferred
- Knowledge of package operations – Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
See where Future You will workView the Map
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.