Lead Applications Developer
- Parsippany, New Jersey
- Level: Varies based on position
Lead Applications Developer
We’re the obstacle overcomers, the problem get-arounders. From figuring it out to getting it done… our innovative culture demands “yes and how!” We are UPS. We are the United Problem Solvers.
About Applications Development at UPS Technology:
Our Application Development teams use their expertise in programming languages and software design to develop next-generation technology. They are responsible for developing the applications which track and move up to 38 million packages in a single day (4.7 billion annually). This team works closely with all of our customers to build innovative technologies that are customized to drive our business and provide the ultimate customer experience. As a member of the applications development family, you will help UPS grow and provide valuable services across the globe.
About this role:
Self-motivated, strong IT Lead Applications Developer needed with solid communication and project management skills for the wildly important F&A Cloud Transformation Program.
The Lead Applications Developer will lead work sessions and application development efforts within the F&A Cloud Transformation Program. He/She will be required to lead work sessions to generate and implement solutions for our Oracle Cloud Infrastructure financial solutions. Experience running an Agile SCRUM is a plus.
The Lead Applications Developer will work with UPS IT and F&A teams, external Business Integrator and Systems Integrator vendors. He/She will be responsible for leading technical solutions including requirements, analysis, design, development, testing, maintenance, support and implementation of secure systems and applications. Additional duties include planning and execution of data conversion from legacy on-premise financial systems to cloud solutions. He/She will have excellent leadership, problem solving, communication and planning skills, as well as solid cloud platform experience. The ability to work in a team environment and provide regular updates to upper management is a must.
The Lead Applications Developer provides leadership in full systems life cycle management (e.g., analyses, technical requirements, design, coding, testing, implementation of systems and applications software, etc.) to ensure delivery is on time and within budget. He/She directs component and data architecture design, technology planning, and testing for Applications Development (AD) initiatives to meet business requirements and ensure compliance. This position develops and leads AD project activities and integrations. The Lead Applications Developer guides teams to ensure effective communication and achievement of objectives. He/She researches and supports the integration of emerging technologies. This position provides knowledge and support for applications’ development, integration, and maintenance. The Lead Applications Developer will lead junior team members with project related activities and tasks. He/She guides and influences department and project teams. This position facilitates collaboration with stakeholders
- Experience with SQL, PL/SQL, Agile Development, Linux and Linux Scripting
- Experience in Google Cloud Platform technologies including GCP BigQuery, Spanner, Cloud Run, Cloud Data Fusion, and GCP Storage
- Familiarity with design, migration, testing, implementation, and configuration of services within GCP including resiliency across regions
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline, GCP Pub/Sub a plus
- Experience with Oracle ERP Cloud a plus
- Experience with Oracle e-Business Suite (EBS) a plus
- Experience with applying appropriate security controls for sensitive financial data in on premise and cloud environments
- Experience working on applications that are in scope for Sarbanes Oxley IT controls
- Knowledge of security controls for on premise and public cloud projects
- Knowledge of secure development processes
- Strong business and technical knowledge in Financial Systems a plus
- Proven leadership and people management skills, problem solving and decision making, collaboration with teams and technical/analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or the equivalent in education and work experience
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to work for a Fortune 50 industry leader. If you are selected, you will join our dynamic technology team in making a difference to our business and customers. Do you think you have what it takes? Prove it! At UPS, ambition knows no time zone.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Benefits & Career Advantages
IT Professionals get a full slate of benefits and rewards.
A great career in IT is about more than just what you do at work. It's about your whole life - and where you live it. Explore these locations and find the perfect place to become you.
Parsippany, Mahwah and Wayne
UPS I.T. Overview
Join our team of experts in a variety of different specialties. We are more than you think- we are UPS I.T.