Applications Architect (NJ-GA)
- Parsippany, New Jersey
- Facility: Parsippany
- Job ID: 206979
- Zip Code: 07054
- Diverse experiences as part of a global team
- Work with the latest technology
- Massive scale of projects
- Unlimited opportunities to grow
Future you has the resources to innovate
With our commitment to making a significant investment in technology initiatives each year, the scale of technology at UPS allows Future You to dream big and realize bigger.
Today, ORION can solve an individual route in seconds and is constantly running in the background evaluating routes before drivers can even leave the facility. This level of route evaluation conducted through the ORION program requires extensive hardware and architectural provisions. Running on a bank of servers in Mahwah, New Jersey, ORION is constantly evaluating the best way for a route to run based on real-time information. While most of America is sleeping, ORION is solving tens of thousands of route optimizations per minute.
UPS has launched a beta version of a chatbot, an artificial intelligence-enabled platform that mimics human conversation to help users easily find UPS’ locations, get shipping rates and track packages. Elements of artificial intelligence are becoming a bigger part of various UPS technologies. For example, our new virtual assistant on UPS.com uses natural language understanding to help customers track packages. The assistant becomes skilled at its tasks as more people ask it questions.
Our focus is on real-world applications that benefit our customers. Drones offer a great solution to deliver to hard-to-reach locations in urgent situations where other modes of transportation are not readily available. Innovation through automation and robotics has long been a focus for the world’s largest package delivery company. In fact, UPS has been testing drones in warehouses to check high storage racks to confirm stock or available space. We’re also exploring the use of drones to deliver humanitarian aid in hard-to-reach parts of the world.
UPS Access points
UPS Access Point locations are convenient places—such as The UPS Store®, neighborhood grocery stores, or other local businesses— that offer easy package drop-off and pickup. Our technology links Access Points into our network with information entered through UPS Mobile, My Choice and ORION software used by our drivers.
With over 8,100 UPS Access Point locations in the U.S., UPS now offers approximately 67 percent of consumers an alternative to home delivery within 3 miles of their residence. Our network of interconnected apps gives our customer maximum visibility and control over where and when they receive their packages.
UPS My Choice
UPS My Choice Members and Premium Members, receive delivery alerts for all eligible home deliveries. For those times when customers won't be home to greet their UPS driver, they can reschedule, redirect, or have their packages delivered The UPS Store® or to a UPS Access Point location.
Our technology allows for changes made on deliveries to be quick and convenient. Nearly 24 million U.S. consumers already use My Choice to plan their deliveries.
The UPS Mobile app allows users to track, ship, get a quote, or find a location. It is a one-stop app for any information a customer might need on their delivery. With a simple yet robust interface and My Choice integration, it serves as a convenient way to get the information they need, whenever or wherever they may need it. UPS Mobile is has been developed for both iOS and Android platforms.
FUTURE YOU HAS EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
From cloud technology to network planning tools, telematics to encryption, we’re empowering our IT team with the latest tools to serve customers and drive our organization forward.
THERE’S NO STOPPING FUTURE YOU
No matter where you start at UPS, you’ll be encouraged to learn new skills and follow your interests. Find out more about how Future You can grow through in-house training, our online learning center, or education assistance for accredited degree programs.Learn More about UPS training
STUDENTS & GRADS
We offer summer internships to students in a wide variety of degree programs. Discover mentoring and learning opportunities that will put your career on the right track. And Future You can even extend your summer internship into a year-round co-op experience or a full-time role. Find out more about our opportunities for students and recent grads.Learn More about opportunities for Students and Graduates
Learn more about our locations to see where Future You can make tech breakthroughs.Learn More about UPS locations
FUTURE YOU GOES ABOVE AND BEYOND
See how UPSers are doing more–including innovating in the skies to deliver lifesaving medicines.
Future You gets more
Medical, dental, vision, and more
Career growth & mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
Applications Architect (NJ-GA)
- Parsippany, New Jersey
We’re the obstacle overcomers, the problem get-arounders. From figuring it out to getting it done… our innovative culture demands “yes and how!” We are UPS. We are the United Problem Solvers.
About Architecture and Infrastructure at UPS Technology:
Our Architects look at the overall company goals and use their technical skills and strategic thinking to build the strategies that allow these goals to become a reality. If you join our team, you will be involved with developing these strategic plans while also setting standards and developing roadmaps for the future state of our enterprise architecture. We have the business savvy paired with the technical know-how to ensure we continue our innovative and competitive culture.
About this role:
The Applications Architect for CRM will influence the development and implementation of Information Services strategy, initiatives, and governing policies. The individual will require excellent communication and project management skills as he/she will be working closely with various project stakeholders to identify business needs and derive alternative approaches and solutions, specifically for DRIVE and CEC solution with Salesforce.com sales and service cloud. This position assists in defining the direction for the DRIVE/CEC projects and integration with CRM solution architecture. The CRM Applications Architect will support I.T. leadership by planning and championing the execution of broad initiatives aimed at delivering value to internal and external stakeholders. He/She must be able to work independently and proactively to meet the strategic needs of the business. He/She will leverage the existing data, technical, and business knowledge to drive the development of technical frameworks and CRM solutions at both the portfolio and enterprise levels. Additionally, must target to achieve Salesforce.com Sales cloud and Service cloud certification within 6 months of taking the position. Ability to provide high-level solution architecture and design as it relates to CRM solutions Knowledge of Agile and Waterfall SDLC Development Methodologies.
- Ability to provide high-level solution architecture and design as it relates to CRM sales and service solutions with Salesforce.com
- Effectively understand, and dissect business processes
- Effectively analyze an organization’s IT infrastructure
- Understand and implement data and process-modeling techniques
- Cloud Native Design and Microservices
- Knowledge of UPS Standards, Governance Policies and Procedures
- Cloud Development/Architecture
- Hardware sizing and estimation based on architecture
- CRM Solution Design
- Knowledge of Agile and SDLC Development Methodologies
- Middleware technologies used for integrations
- Business Intelligence solutions
- InfoSec standards and guidelines
- Strong flare for innovation and research with the ability to apply it to the practice
Provides Input to Architecture Strategy and Initiatives
- Contributes to the development and review of the systems capability strategy to meet business requirements
- Provides guidance and information to support consistency of vision with business objectives
- Researches business capabilities to ensure effective incorporation of new technologies
- Develops and evaluates innovative ideas to assess value added, impact, risks, challenges, opportunities, and benefits for the organization
Provides Leadership for Technical Initiatives
- Leads complex technical project reviews to assess deliverables
- Assists in technical plan preparations to meet business needs
- Assists and collaborates with cross-functional teams to prepare technical resource plans
- Identifies, assesses, and manages risks to ensure successful achievement of project deliverables
- Evaluates requirements to perform impact analyses and to specify effective business processes
- Identifies alternative solutions, assesses feasibility, and recommends new approaches to ensure optimal performance and to meet business needs
Guides Applications Architecture and Systems Design
- Serves as the lead technical resource to provide strategic oversight and planning of strategic portfolio initiatives to ensure proper architectural aspects
- Manages the roadmaps for key portfolio assets to ensure systems will scale and evolve in meeting future business needs
- Reviews and recommends changes for systems to meet business needs and to align with enterprise architecture strategies
- Develops and reviews applications designs and technical approaches to ensure systems and processes align with I.S. strategy
- Provides guidance as a subject matter expert on application and integration architecture to support the development of complex systems
- Analyzes business processes and systems to rationalize the technical approach and to improve aspects of information systems
- Provides guidance on applications designs and integrations to ensure strategies, roadmaps, policies, standards, and practices are properly applied
- Leads development and adoption of core application building blocks and processing and integration patterns to increase productivity, improve customer service, and strengthen competitive advantage
Provides Guidance for Architecture Solutions
- Produces detailed component specifications to support systems designs
- Creates designs of candidate architecture to ensure accuracy and fulfillment of requirements
- Assists in preparing and implementing plans to execute business and technical initiatives
- Provides technical guidance to support systems development and integration and to enable the timely delivery of I.S. solutions
- Recommends technical strategies, roadmaps, policies, standards, and practices to ensure consistency and compliance
- Masters’ degrees in Computer Science or related field or the equivalent in work experience
- Must target to achieve Salesforce.com Sales and service cloud certification within 6 months of taking the position
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to work for a Fortune 50 industry leader. If you are selected, you will join our dynamic technology team in making a difference to our business and customers. Do you think you have what it takes? Prove it! At UPS, ambition knows no time zone.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.