- Parsippany, New Jersey
- Level: Varies based on position
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
We are seeking a skilled and experienced Web Application Security Architect to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, developing, and implementing security measures to protect our web applications from external threats. They will also be responsible for leading a team of developers to ensure that all web applications meet the highest standards of security and comply with industry regulations.
- Lead and mentor a team of developers to ensure that all UPS.com web applications meet the highest standards of security.
- Review the design and development of other team’s web applications to ensure compliance with best practices, industry standards
- Conduct code reviews to ensure that all web applications are developed with security in mind.
- Design and develop secure web applications using best practices and industry standards.
- Conduct regular risk assessments to identify potential security risks and recommend remediation measures.
- Implement security controls and measures to prevent unauthorized access, data breaches, and other security incidents.
- Develop and maintain documentation related to web application security policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Collaborate with other teams within the organization, such as IT Information Security, and compliance, to ensure that web applications meet industry regulations and standards.
- Participate in evaluations with Information security to recommend new security technologies and products to enhance the organization's cybersecurity posture.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and developments in web application security and recommend improvements to existing security measures.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information security, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in web application security, including experience in a leadership role.
- Experience with web application security tools and technologies, such as OAUTH, OWASP Top 10, SAST, DAST, and WAF.
- Experience with secure coding practices, such as input validation, authentication, and access control.
- Strong knowledge of web application development frameworks, such as React, Angular, or Vue.js.
- Strong knowledge of application development frameworks, such as Java, .NET, or Python.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to lead a team and mentor junior developers.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
UPS is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Employer will not sponsor visas for position. UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/nationalorigin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Must be a U.S. Citizen or National of the U.S., an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, or an alien authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer.
Benefits & Career Advantages
IT Professionals get a full slate of benefits and rewards.
A great career in IT is about more than just what you do at work. It's about your whole life - and where you live it. Explore these locations and find the perfect place to become you.
Parsippany and Mahwah
UPS I.T. Speaks With Bloomberg
Satyan Parameswaran, Vice President, UPS Information Technology (I.T.), Operations Technology (OPT), sat down with Lisa Abramowicz of Bloomberg TV to discuss intelligent automation and its effects on the UPS enterprise.Learn More
UPS I.T. Overview
Join our team of experts in a variety of different specialties. We are more than you think- we are UPS I.T.Learn More
Follow Us on Instagram
Follow us on Facebook@UPSjobs(Opens in new window)
Follow us on Twitter@UPSjobs(Opens in new window)
Follow us on LinkedIn@UPS(Opens in new window)