GBS Operations Supervisor
Explore your next opportunity at a Fortune Global 500 organization. Envision innovative possibilities, experience our rewarding culture, and work with talented teams that help you become better every day. We know what it takes to lead UPS into tomorrow—people with a unique combination of skill + passion. If you have the qualities and drive to lead yourself or teams, there are roles ready to cultivate your skills and take you to the next level.
This position is responsible for monitoring and executing the day-to-day operations of the contact center teams. This position analyzes production, quality, and cost information to identify challenges and provide recommendations for improvement. He/She may work with third party contact center vendor managers to ensure understanding of business goals. This position manages others within the department.
This position coaches administrative staff on call quality to ensure customer interactions are complete, accurate and professional. He/She develops action plans and works side-by-side with most help needed employees to provide instruction and assistance. This position handles escalated customer calls to ease customer concerns and improve customer satisfaction and perception. He/She supervises operation to ensure proper customer experience, first contact resolution, accuracy, and quality levels. This position makes recommended operational changes (i.e., equipment and staffing) as needed to ensure calls are handled efficiently and service commitments are met.
- Checks customer call report data for problems and trends to identify areas for improvement and opportunities for policy and procedure changes.
- Assesses performance indicators to determine areas meeting and falling below business expectations.
- Conducts operational audits to ensure effective operational performance.
- Identifies and suggests end-to-end process improvements to improve contact center operations.
- Determines employees' training needs to produce continuous development plans.
- Provides on-going feedback and support to improve performance.
- Conducts performance evaluations in a consistent, fair and objective manner to encourage continuous performance improvement.
- Resolves individual and group performance issues in accordance with UPS's policies and procedures in a timely manner to motivate and foster teamwork.
- Bachelor’s Degree or International equivalent
- Detail Orientation: Distinguishes between “big picture” concepts and comments and specialized, smaller specific facts associated with work; notes the specifics of events and experiences; explains, in general, how details impact end goals or outcomes; ensures that work is completed accurately and with the appropriate level of detail
- Report Generation: Generates reports in appropriate format using basic software; reviews reports to ensure accuracy and completeness; identifies issues with report generation (e.g., missing variables, incorrect data, etc.)
- Solicits and Gathers Information: Demonstrates a working knowledge of techniques for soliciting and gathering information; identifies appropriate sources of information
- Solves Customer Problems: Identifies business areas and stakeholders impacted by customer issues; engages appropriate resources to resolve customer issues; identifies root causes to ensure problems do not recur; stays motivated despite difficult circumstances or setbacks
- Experience managing customer relationships - Preferred
- Experience supervising others - Preferred
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite or similar software - Preferred
UPS is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.