Sales Account Executive
- Full Time
- Palatine, Illinois
- Travel: No
- Opportunities to grow
- Strength of the UPS name behind you
- Diverse team of experts
- Creating custom solutions for business
- Resources of a Fortune 100 organization
- Empowered to use your ingenuity
Future You Has What It Takes To Move The World
As a Sales professional, Future You is part of a global team that works on a scale you just can’t find anywhere else. Just consider this, we’ve delivered 3,240 packages since you started reading this section—think we know a thing or two about global opportunity?
- $65 billion in revenues in 2017
- 20 million deliveries every day to 10.5 million customers
- 454 thousand global employees
- 2.5 thousand+ operating facilities worldwide
Future You Is A Troublemaker
If you’re looking to stir things up, to think differently, to follow crazy ideas that just might work, Future You belongs here.
FUTURE YOU DELIVERS ON THE BIGGEST PROMISES OF ALL
Our connections to people around the world inspire us to keep doing more for the communities we serve. Learn about how our professionals volunteered to help deliver 180 tons of books to children in South Africa.
Future You gets more
Medical, Dental, Vision, & more
Career Growth & Mobility
The benefits and compensation information provided on this website are for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
Sales Account Executive
- Full Time
- Palatine, Illinois
- Facility: Chicago (Downtown)
- Job ID: 179706
- Zip Code: 60074
The Account Executive is responsible for achieving his/her assigned sales plan by generating profitable UPS Small Package revenue growth through the development of new business and the retention of existing business within his/her territory. This position analyzes customers’ current supply chain needs to create appropriate solutions and promptly respond to customers’ requests.
The Account Executive conducts face-to-face customer sales calls. He/She travels to customer sites to hold meetings and gather information. This position analyzes customer billing technology and proposes technology solutions. The Account Executive builds relationships with key stakeholders, and generates revenue opportunities across all product and service lines. He/She prepares pre-sale action plans and customized presentations, and performs pre-call research and analysis. This position ensures smooth implementation and account setup, training customers on UPS technology solutions, billing analysis tools, and packaging techniques. The Account Executive also responds to internal and external customer concerns or problems, determines corrective actions, and/or assigns response personnel.
- Maintains and grows a book of business (e.g., ground, air, international, freight).
- Introduces new products and services and expands business opportunities within customer accounts.
- Tracks sales performance to objectives.
- Monitors account statistics and qualifies internal sales leads to identify opportunities and create an effective sales strategy.
- Utilizes resources and account history to prepare for sales calls.
- Submits pricing requests and analyzes price quotes.
- Develops standard operating procedures (SOPs), generates standard and customized reports and queries, accesses appropriate databases, and interprets and clarifies data.
- Applies Service, Product, and Customer Technology Knowledge: Demonstrates a basic understanding of products, services, and customer facing technology solutions offered by UPS along with their features and business applications; describes general customer profiles targeted by the company.
- Business, Financial, and Industry Knowledge: Demonstrates a general understanding of industry and financial trends impacting UPS and/or customers’ organizations; identifies the organizational structure and functions within a business.
- Conducts Competitive Analysis: Demonstrates a basic understanding of competitor’s tactics, product/service offerings, and strategies; translates competitor performance and actions into implications for UPS.
- Conducts Customer Analysis: Works with others to research stakeholders' and key decision-makers' needs, requirements, and perspectives; describes in general terms customer characteristics, preferences, history, processes and constraints; lists what products and services are currently used by customers; uses knowledge of customers to provide input into which products or features to promote.
- Creates Account Strategies: Understands customer’s general business needs and knows the account status; may provide information about accounts for use in planning account strategy.
- Negotiation: Demonstrates the ability to use negotiation techniques in less complex situations; recognizes the potential impact of negotiation proceedings on the business; gains consensus from involved parties.
- Solves Customer Problems: Recognizes when customers are having issues; identifies resolution to basic customer issues and recommends solutions.
- Strategic Customer Partnerships: Establishes and maintains entry level contacts in customer organizations; builds relationships to further understand customers’ business and objectives.
- Supply Chain Management: Demonstrates a basic understanding of supply chain concepts; identifies issues within a supply chain.
- Experience with Business to Business or Business to Consumer sales - Preferred
- Flexible travel schedule - Preferred
- Experience using Microsoft products or equivalent software – Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.