GBS Help Desk Support RepresentativeCUSTOMER SERVICE OVERLAND PARK, KS - United States Facility CUSTOMER SERVICE Job ID 175161 Zip Code 66207
The GBS Help Desk Support Representative is responsible for providing UPS software support for escalated internal and external UPS customers. Individuals must be able to facilitate timely decisions. The Help Desk Support Representative must be able to perform technical tasks with minimal explanation including, but not limited to, interpreting UPS software Reference Guides, UPS software and Windows error/event logs, navigate Windows registry, and diagnose and identify UPS software issues. In addition to Help Desl First Level responsibilities, the Representative is responsible for troubleshooting and resolving UPS software installation and startup errors, troubleshooting Microsoft Windows Operating Systems and components including SQL installation and functionality, and implementing appropriate use of Windows diagnostic tools.
The GBS Help Desk Support Representative acts within the GBS Standards and Guidelines. This individual must be able to facilitate timely decisions that directly impact customer operations. The individual must also be able to work with challenging situations and customers.
- Troubleshoot and resolve customer problems via phone and/or remote capabilities
- Ability to locate and interpret both documented (internal) and undocumented (external) troubleshooting/reference resources to identify and resolve problems
- Expected to continue regular self-development of technical skillset outside of training
- Provide regular feedback on existing first level solutions and resources
- Demonstrated expertise in existing CRM case logging system
- Responsible for meeting established individual and team performance targets including: service level, resolution, productivity and quality standards
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of products, services, and resource materials to provide adequate support and accurate information to customers
- Ability to diffuse challenging situations and deliver a world class customer experience
- Adhere to established attendance and punctuality guidelines
- Ability to troubleshoot Microsoft Windows Operating Systems and components including MSI, Windows Libraries, SQL/MSDE, .NET, Windows Registry, Permissions and User Rights, Networking and Domain Policies
- Ability to troubleshoot and administer Windows servers 2008, 2012 R2, and 2016. Perform regualr backup and restore data as needed.
- Ability to edit and write PowerShell scripts for simple administrative tasks
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent probing and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to identify, adapt, and apply approaches in problem solving
- Attention to detail
- Excellent punctuality and attendance
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills
- Computer hardware and software knowledge to include the installation, removal, and troubleshooting of software, printers, scanners, scales, peripheral components, network configurations, and databases
- Technology degree, equivalent technical training, or industry recognized certification preferred
- Minimum of 3 months helpdesk / call center experience preferred
- Able to work any schedule and/or shift
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Related JobsView All of Our Available Opportunities
Jobs on the map
See where Future You will go.Learn More
Get Job Alerts
Take another step toward Future You.